“Education is not the filling of a bucket, but the lighting of a fire.” – Plutarch
Join Anatomy Trains author and master bodyworker Tom Myers and creator of Anatomy Trains in Motion Karin Gurtner on Maui January 21-26, 2019 for an all inclusive retreat. Ignite your understanding of anatomy with brilliant lectures, rich movement practices, individual BodyReading™ postural assessment and customized movement programs to transform your practice and your life.
The science is clear: You can change inner states through outer movement. Learn to alter your psychophysiology by altering the qualities of movement – generous, dynamic, melting – or slow and controlled vs reflexive elasticity.
Karin Gurtner is a graduate PMA certified Pilates Matwork & Studio Teacher, certified Anatomy Trains Teacher and Kinesis Myofascial Integration Therapist, Yoga and Gyrokinesis Teacher, Wellness & Personal Trainer, Fitness Leader, certified Trainer & Assessor.
Tom Myers is the author of Anatomy Trains, the co-author of Fascial Release for Structural Balance, and numerous articles for trade magazines and journals that have been collected in the books Body3, The Anatomist’s Corner, and Structural Integration: Collected Articles. He has also produced over 15 DVDs and numerous webinars on visual assessment, Fascial Release Technique, and the applications of fascial research.
Besides a deep dive into the meditation in movement, you will learn how to:
- Work with the properties of fascia and muscle for maximum benefit
- Distinguish perception, proprioception, and interoception in body sensing and conscious movement training
- Integrate the concept of homeokinesis, or dynamic balance in your practice and teaching
- BodyRead of available potentials and global patterns of compensation using the Anatomy Train body map
- Develop movement strategies to strengthen available resources and transcend old habits
- Tailor movement strategies for each individual (including yourself)
Beneath the ‘how’ is the ‘why’ – understand the true value of what you are doing in movement – whether yoga, Pilates, personal training, dance, or rehabilitation – to give its most valuable essence to others.