Structural Essentials: Fans of the Hip
500eur for payments until July 15, 2023 / 550 eur after July 15, 2023
- September 15 – 17, 2023
- Braslovče, Slovenia
- This course is intended for Manual Therapists.
- Course Details
The Structural Essential series is a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses divided into functional regions. Combining movement and manual techniques for the most efficient and long-lasting results, and using the latest research on the interaction between skeleton, muscles, joints, and fascial proprioceptors, this series of workshops will take you to a new level in therapy.
Designed with the busy manual therapist in mind, each Structural Essentials event gives you a new understanding of the relevant area. The content will outline how the structural and functional anatomy relates to many common issues as well as to the rest of the body. Based on many new and established approaches this series will give you the skills in palpation, BodyReading and functional analysis needed for the modern multidisciplinary therapist.
Fans of the Hip
The hip and pelvis combine to transfer the forces from two legs and into the one spine and therefore has a hugely complex role to fulfill in the body. Ida Rolf described the pelvis as ‘the joint that determines symmetry’ and it is easy to see why. Differences between the hips can affect down into the legs or up through the spine. Achieving balance here can be essential for long lasting results in any therapy. This course sheds light on the pelvis – the keystone of human architecture – by organizing the 20 or so muscles of the pelvis into three fans. Get specific with sensitivity.
- Seeing how the soft tissue is arranged in an easy to understand pattern
- Using these fans to balance pelvic tilts and torsions
- Learning how to work accurately, effectively and sensitively with the adductors around the ischial ramus and deep lateral rotators, leading to the pelvic floor
- The psoas complex and the many variations on ideas of how it does (or does not) affect pelvic, low back and hip patterns
- How to differentiate your analysis of the foot and legs from the rest of the mechanical chain, giving an accurate reading of their skeletal relationships
- How to assess and then provide good foot and leg support through the three (or four) arches of the foot
- How the arches act in walking and standing and their relationship to the pelvis and the AT lines
- How to balance the support the arches receive from the long muscles of the calf
- Effective strategies to unwind rotational compensations in the foot, the tibia-fibula complex and the knee.
- Learn how the structures of the knee and thigh co-operate to achieve this and learn to recognize some of the structural dysfunctions that can occur.
- BodyRead the various imbalances which can occur
- Learn to balance the common rotational movements of the knee
Note: Anatomy Trains in Structure & Function course MUST be taken before taking the SE courses. Familiarity with the Anatomy Trains lines and concepts is key to getting the most from the program.
The Structural Essentials workshops are most easily absorbed in the order outlined below but you can do them in any order as time permits.
- Arches and Legs – 3 days
- Fans of the Hip – 2 ½ days
- Abdomen, Chest and Breath – 2 ½ days
- Tensegrity Spine – 2 days
- Shoulders & Arms – 2 days
- Head, Neck & Jaw – 2 days
Note:- Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received final confirmation that the workshop is running
|Dates||Sep 15 – 17, 2023|
Parižlje 12a, 3314 Braslovče
9am – 17pm every day
|Tuition||500eur for payments until July 15, 2023 / 550 eur after July 15, 2023 - In case of payment for both courses SEFH (15.9. - 17.9.2023) and SEACB (22.9. - 24.9.2023) the price is 950 eur, until July 15, 2023|
|Cancellation Fee||Refund of the course fee due to cancellation of participation: until 15.07. 75%, until 1.08. 25%, after 1.08.2023 the registration fee is not refundable|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.