Introduction to Anatomy Trains – POSTPONED
$375 / $425 after March 19, 2020
- Course Details
Due to the ongoing health concerns around Covid-19, this class will be rescheduled. We will update this listing as soon as we have the new dates and will look forward to seeing you in class at a later date.
For specific questions about this course, please contact our local host, Studio 26, at 646-755-8125 or email@example.com
Introduction to Anatomy Trains – Bring the book to life!
The Anatomy Trains bodymap lays out how fascia and muscles are connected in meridians throughout the body. Learn to map the pattern and shape the change – no matter what your modality in the manual therapy and movement worlds.
This workshop is intended for movement professionals – yoga and Pilates instructors, physical therapists and somatic practitioners, and manual therapists with an interest in the movement implications of these continuities.
All of the 12 ‘myofascial meridians’ join the individual muscles into functional complexes – each with a precise anatomy and ‘meaning’ in human posture and movement. Grasp of the Anatomy Trains system leads to practical new strategies to improve stability, coordination, and resolve long-standing dysfunctional patterns.
The workshop spends roughly equal time on 1) lecture/presentation of the concepts and the lines, 2) BodyReading and postural / movement analysis, and 3) stretching, “awakening”, and touch-cueing techniques from our (and your) movement education library.
This course helps you:
- BodyRead your client’s postural and movement patterns with greater accuracy and integration to get to the cause, not the symptom.
- Make global and meaningful changes in your clients’ movement patterns.
- Understand basic properties and connected nature of fascia, and tensegrity design applied to fascia and human movement.
- A succinct and relevant introduction to the fascial layers, and the properties (and debunk some of the myths) of your body’s connective tissues.
- Be able to identify and trace the 6 major and 6 supplemental fascial meridians along which movement, tension, and postural distortion travel.
- Be able to BodyRead postural patterns based on analysis of Anatomy Trains lines.
- Apply knowledge to construct alternative movement strategies to help unwind and resolve the patterns observed.
- Illustrated lecture
- Open inquiry atmosphere; questions encouraged; high degree of vitality and humor
- Participants will exchange palpation and practice BodyReading (visual assessment) on one another under supervised analysis of instructor and assistants.
|Dates||Apr 18 – 19, 2020|
|Location||New York, NY, USA|
|Address||250 W. 26th St., #402|
New York, NY, 10001
10:00 am – 6:00 pm each day
|Tuition||$375 / $425 after March 19, 2020|
|Credits Earned||14 CEs NCBTMB; 14 CECs PMA; 1.4 CEUs NASM|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.