Introduction to Anatomy Trains
Early Bird 5,400 SEK until 31 January 2020 and 5,800 SEK thereafter
- March 14 – 15, 2020
- Malmo, Sweden
- This course is intended for Manual Therapists & Movement Professionals.
- Course Details
The Anatomy Trains bodymap lays out the fascia and muscles that are connected in meridians throughout the body.
Learn to map the pattern and shape the change – no matter what your modality in the manual therapy and movement worlds. All of the 12 ‘myofascial meridians’ join the individual muscles into functional complexes – each with a precise anatomy and ‘meaning’ in human posture and movement. Grasp of the Anatomy Trains system leads to practical new strategies to improve stability, coordination, and resolve long-standing dysfunctional patterns.
This 2 day workshop spends roughly equal time on 1) lecture/presentation of the concepts and the lines, 2) BodyReading and postural / movement analysis, and 3) stretching, “awakening”, and touch- cueing techniques from our (and your) movement education library.
This course helps you:
- BodyRead your client’s postural and movement patterns with greater accuracy and integration to get to the cause, not only the symptom.
- Make global and meaningful changes in your clients’ movement pattern.
- Understand basic properties and connected nature of fascia, and tensegrity design applied to fascia and human movement.
- A succinct and relevant introduction to the fascial layers, and the properties (and debunk some of the myths) of your body’s connective tissues.
- Be able to identify and trace the 6 major and 6 supplemental fascial meridians along which movement, tension, and postural distortion travel.
- Be able to BodyRead postural patterns based on analysis of Anatomy Trains lines.
- Apply knowledge to construct alternative movement strategies to help unwind and resolve the patterns observed.
- Illustrated lecture.
- Open inquiry atmosphere; questions encouraged; high degree of vitality and humor.
- Participants will exchange palpation and practice BodyReading (visual assessment) on one another under supervised analysis of instructor and assistants.
Note:- Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received final confirmation that the workshop is running
|Dates||Mar 14 – 15, 2020|
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day
|Tuition||Early Bird 5,400 SEK until 31 January 2020 and 5,800 SEK thereafter|
|Cancellation Fee||Deposit – 50%|
Cancellation more than 4 weeks before – full refund less an admin fee of £50
Cancellation 2 – 4 weeks before – deposit transferable to another Anatomy Trains UK workshop minus £50 administration fee
Cancellation less than 2 weeks before – no refund
|Contact||Faith Clements, Limhamn Pilates|
0046 737 526000
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.