Immersive Movement, Emerging Being – Maui Retreat
*Price includes $500 non-refundable deposit
- Course Details
- Total cost of course is $3,695 (includes a $500 non-refundable deposit used to reserve your room).
- Full payment price: $3,695
- By selecting the 2 payment option, you are agreeing to pay $500 now and to have $1,597.50/mo automatically withdrawn from your card for the following 2 months from purchase date.
- By selecting the 1 payment option, you are agreeing to pay $500 now and to have $3,195/mo automatically withdrawn from your card for the following month from purchase date.
Immersive Movement, Emerging Being – Maui with Tom Myers and Karin Gurtner
Join Anatomy Trains author Tom Myers and Anatomy Trains in Motion developer Karin Gurtner at the beautiful Lumeria Maui education center and retreat for a unique collaboration: a deep immersion in movement to enhance your well-being at all levels.
Beyond a strong and defined body, intelligent movement gives you a medium to create a more defined version of yourself. Come explore the inner world of movement to get a deeper sense of your physical, emotional, cognitive and spiritual self – how you ‘move’ through the story of your life.
The science is clear: You can change inner states through outer movement. Learn to alter your psychophysiology by altering the qualities of movement: generous, dynamic, melting – or slow and controlled versus reflexive elasticity.
Besides a deep dive into the meditation in movement, you will learn how to:
- Work with the properties of fascia and muscle for maximum benefit
- Distinguish perception, proprioception, and interoception in body sensing and conscious movement training
- Integrate the concept of homeokinesis, or dynamic balance into your practice and teaching
- BodyRead available potentials and global patterns of compensation using the Anatomy Train body map
- Develop movement strategies to strengthen available resources and transcend old habits
- Tailor movement strategies for each individual (including yourself)
Beneath the ‘how’ is the ‘why’ – understand the true value of what you are doing in movement – whether yoga, Pilates, personal training, dance, or rehabilitation – to give its most valuable essence to others.
This course is designed for movement professionals, but is open to non-professional movers who want to know more and sense differently.
Imagine nourishing, farm-to-table cuisine, luxurious rooms, and lush, tropical gardens overlooking Maui’s North Shore. That’s precisely where you’ll find yourself at Lumeria Maui, the magical site for our retreat.
- 5 nights lodging at Lumeria Retreat on beautiful Maui, Hawaii
- Tuition for Immersive Movement, Emerging Being with Tom Myers and Karin Gurtner
- Welcome Dinner January 21
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner January 22
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner January 23
- Breakfast, Lunch January 24
- Breakfast January 25
- Breakfast January 26
Tuition does not include airfare and local transportation.
Important cancellation policy:
Tuition total is $3,695 and includes a $500 non-refundable deposit, due to our room block investment. 50% refund on the balance ($3,195) up to December 1st, 2018. Due to our substantial investment in this retreat, tuition is non-refundable after December 1st, 2018.
|Dates||Jan 21 – 26, 2019|
|Location||Maui, Hawaii, USA|
|Venue||Lumeria Maui Hawaii|
|Address||1813 Baldwin Avenue|
Makawao, HI 96768
|Teacher(s)||Karin Gurtner, Tom Myers|
|Tuition||$3,695, including $500 non-refundable deposit. Balance of $3,195 due by December 1, 2018|
|Credits Earned||30 CEs PMA, pending: 30 CEs NCBTMB|
|Cancellation Fee||Tuition total is $3,695 and includes a $500 non-refundable deposit, due to our room block investment. 50% refund on the balance ($3,195) up to December 1st, 2018. Due to our substantial investment in this retreat, tuition is non-refundable after December 1st, 2018.|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.