Fascial Release for Structural Balance: Tensegrity Spine
5,800 NOK / 4,950 NOK before 31.12.15
Course is over.
- Course Details
The Fascial Release for Structural Balance (FRSB) series, based on the book of the same name, is a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses,– divided into functional regions. Each course thoroughly conveys 15 – 20 technique ‘templates’, designed for versatile application for the different patterns your clients bring to you. The courses fully explain the intent and scope of each move. Come out of these courses with new tools for soft-tissue release.
Each class includes:
- Relevant anatomy for the area – short intensive and integrated presentations assemble the best figures from multiple sources, including brand new learning tools such as video of fascial dissections and palpation of the relevant structures to convey the information in an inspiring and understandable fashion.
- BodyReading (visual assessment) – the common postural and movement implications – how to see and ‘read’ them in the intricacy of individual patterns
- Fascial Release Techniques – each technique is fully laid out for intent and ‘feel’, with plenty of time for practice, ensuring that you can apply these methods immediately in your practice.
- Students will be able to palpate, assess and treat various areas of the body, based on the regional focus of the course
- Students will understand the biomechanical implications of fascial anatomy at a more advanced level
- Student will enhance their myofascial release, palpation, and postural assessment skills
The workshops can be taken in any order once you have first attended either an Anatomy Trains or BodyReading™ weekend.
The Tensegrity Spine
This course examines the spine as a tensegrity truss – how the bones float within the myofascial balance. Assessment and techniques for freeing and balancing the spine address:
- Anterior and posterior curvatures – lordosis and kyphosis
- Side bends,
- Rotations (and counter-rotations),
- Guy-wires on both the front and the back of the spine, and
- Balancing trunk spinal work into the cervical spine and sacrum.
|Dates||Sep 2 – 4, 2016|
|Venue||Bergen Bodywork AS|
|Address||Vestre Stømkai 1, 5008 Bergen, Norway|
|Class Times||Friday: 14.00-20.00 / Saturday & Sunday: 09.00-17.30|
|Teacher(s)||Don Thompson, BSc, KMI, BCSI|
|Tuition||5,800 NOK / 4,950 NOK before 31.12.15|
|Credits Earned||18 CEs|
|Cancellation Fee||No refund of deposit after 3 months prior to the workshop start.|
No fee refund 1 month prior th the workshop start.
|Notes||Deposit: 2,000 NOK|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.