Home / Anatomy Trains Store / Courses / Fascial Release for Structural Balance: Abdomen, Chest & Breath
Fascial Release for Structural Balance: Abdomen, Chest & Breath
- April 17 – 18, 2017
- Auckland, New Zealand
- This course is intended for Courses with Tom Myers.
- Course Details
Fascial Release for Structural Balance Series: Abdomen, Chest, & Breath
The Fascial Release for Structural Balance (FRSB) is a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses – based on the book of the same name – divided into functional regions. Combining movement and manual techniques for the most efficient and long-lasting results, and using the latest research on the interaction between skeleton, muscles, joints, and fascial proprioceptors, this series of workshops will take you to a new level in therapy.
Designed with the busy therapist in mind, each FRSB event gives you a new understanding of the relevant area. The content will outline how the structural and functional anatomy relates to many common issues as well as to the rest of the body. Based on many new and established approaches the Fascial Release for Structural Balance will give you the skills in palpation, BodyReading and functional analysis needed for the modern multidisciplinary therapist.
PreRequisite: Must have attended the Anatomy Trains in Structure & Function Workshop
Abdomen, Chest & Breath
The breath is an essential food for life and its passage in and out of the body can be compromised by structural issues in the trunk. The trunk must also act to support the shoulders as well as the neck and head. Its position and relationship with the pelvis can therefore be vital for correct mechanics of the upper limbs and head, neck and jaw.
This course focuses on ribcage and thoracic spine mechanics, and includes:
- The anatomy and physiology of the breath
- Various therapeutic views of the ‘normal’ breath
- Techniques for abdominal fasciae, ribs, vertebral rib joints, and mediastinal visceral tissues, scalenes, and lumbar muscles
- Techniques for facilitation of the ‘breath wave’ into the front, back, and sides, as well as into each ‘quadrant’ of the rib cage
The FRSB workshops are most easily absorbed in the order outlined below but you can do them in any order as time permits.
- Arches and the Legs – 3 days
- Fans of the Hip – 2 ½ days
- Abdomen, Chest and Breath – 2 ½ days
- Tensegrity Spine – 2 ½ days
- Shoulders & Arms – 2 ½ days
- Head, Neck & Jaw – 2 days
|Dates||Apr 17 – 18, 2017|
|Location||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Venue||Ellerslie Event Centre|
|Address||80 Ascot Avenue|
Auckland, New Zealand
9:00am-5:00pm each day
|Credits Earned||16 CEs|
|Cancellation Fee||• Cancellation up to six weeks prior to workshop – full refund - $100 admin fee|
• Cancellation up to four weeks prior to workshop – less 30%
• Cancellation up to two weeks prior to workshop – less 50%
• No refund will be given for cancellation less than 1 week prior to workshop
• Full refund of course fees UNLESS, for any reason, we cancel a workshop
+61 415 707 130
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.