ATSI Mentorship with Lou Benson and Kelly Chadwick
8 spots left
- August 24 – 27, 2022
- Walpole, ME, USA
- This course is intended for Courses for Structural Integrators.
- Course Details
Early bird price of $700 held until July 30th, 2022 / $800 thereafter
Please join seasoned Structural Integration practitioners and teachers, Lou Benson and Kelly Chadwick, for our first in person mentorship exclusively for ATSI graduates. You will receive insightful guidance from a combined 49 years of practice on the following topics:
- Reflections on and practice of evolving high quality touch, intention, and engagement. As we like to say, “seeing is touch at a distance, and touch is seeing up close.” Effective work requires both skills, and both require quieting ourselves, having solid anatomy and physiology knowledge poised in the mind’s eye and fingertips, and knowing which body system(s), fascial, fluid, muscular, skeletal, nervous, etc., we are interacting with from moment to moment. There’s an interesting palpatory shift in interacting with each system that we’d like to explore further with this group.
- Exploration of unique case studies: We ask that you to bring notes (and pictures if you have them + permission to share) from your most challenging cases, series or sessions, and we’ll bring a couple of ours too. We’d like to dive deeper into strategies and hands-on work for clients with structural compensation patterns built around injuries/surgeries. How can we improve feeling and function when these areas of fixation are not going to change very much or at all?
- Coaching on the use of neutral language for BodyReading and postural awareness cues. Creating language that usefully communicates what we’re doing and why we’re doing it often isn’t easy, but it’s essential in building client trust, a central understanding of and inspiration for being a full participant in SI work.
- Guidance for rooting a Series’ primary goals into its Integration sessions and beyond.
Class will begin each day at 9:00 am. We’ll take a break at noon, so everyone can have some lunch, enjoy the Maine summer, and return to class refreshed at 2:00 pm. Class will end at 5:00 pm. Having adequate time for self care and relaxation is central to learning at this level.
Please check with the office before making non-refundable travel arrangements, on the chance that the course is under-enrolled and may be canceled.
|Dates||Aug 24 – 27, 2022|
|Location||Walpole, ME, USA|
|Venue||Anatomy Trains Classroom|
|Address||180 Clark's Cove Rd.|
Walpole, ME, 04573
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day
|Teacher(s)||Lou Benson, Kelly Chadwick|
|Tuition||Early bird price of $700 held until July 30th, 2022 / $800 thereafter|
|Credits Earned||24 CEs NCBTMB pending; 24 Category 1 CEs IASI|
|Cancellation Fee||Up to 30 days prior, full refund less $100 admin fee; less than 30 days prior, nonrefundable.|
or live chat on our website
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.