Anatomy Trains for Movement Specialists
$325 / $375 after April 28, 2017
Course is over.
- Course Details
Movement, Stability, Coordination – get your anatomy in motion!
Whatever your movement modality – Pilates, yoga, personal training, rehabilitative exercise, or dance therapy – Anatomy Trains offers skills that movement therapists can use to work with their clients more clearly and work more effectively.
Traditional anatomy is static, but humans are constantly in dynamic movement – Anatomy Trains shows you ‘the ropes’ for transmission from muscle to muscle through the fascial fabric. Our intensive introductory courses are holistic, fun and very immediately applicable. The Anatomy Trains concept moves beyond mechanical “cause and affect” actions of muscles to the integrative relational connections of real-life functional movement.
Completely transform your view of myofascial anatomy and expand your ability to assess and access your clients’ postural and movement patterns.
The workshop is split into roughly equal time on 1) lecture/presentation of the concepts and the lines, 2) BodyReading™ and postural / movement analysis, and 3) stretching, “awakening”, and touch-cueing techniques from our (and your) movement education library.
This course helps you:
– BodyRead your client’s postural and movement patterns with greater accuracy and integration
– Gain access to effective treatment strategies for resolving postural distortions, which may occur some distance from the obvious site of pain or limitation
– Enable you to make distinct changes in your clients’ movement pattern
– Understand basic properties and connected nature of fascia, and tensegrity in human movement
– A succinct and relevant introduction to the connective tissue matrix and fascial planes
– Be able to identify and trace the 12 myofascial meridians along which movement, tension, and
postural distortion travel
– Be able to BodyRead™ postural patterns based on analysis of Anatomy Trains lines
– Apply knowledge to construct alternative movement strategies to help unwind and resolve the
– Illustrated lecture
– Open inquiry atmosphere; questions, vitality, and humor encouraged
– Participants will exchange palpation and practice BodyReading (visual assessment) on one
another under supervised analysis of instructor and assistants
|Dates||May 20 – 21, 2017|
|Location||Parma, OH USA|
|Venue||Cuyahoga Community College|
|Address||11000 Pleasant Valley Rd.|
Parma, OH 44130
9:00am – 5:00pm each day
|Tuition||$325 / $375 after April 28, 2017|
|Credits Earned||14 CECs PMA; 1.4 CEUs NASM; 14 CEs NCBTMB; 14 YA Contact Hours|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.