Anatomy Trains in Motion
$850AUD / $900AUD after January 1st 2018
- March 10 – 12, 2018
- Auckland, NZ
- This course is intended for Movement Professionals.
- Course Details
Anatomy Trains in Motion is a course specifically designed for modern movement teachers and therapists, who want to expand their professional horizon and expertise in structural integration through movement.
Whatever your movement modality – Yoga, Pilates, Personal Training, Dance – Anatomy Trains in Motion offers skills that will add a new dimension to your teaching and practice.
While traditional anatomy is static, Anatomy Trains is dynamic and interconnected like the human body, which is in constant motion. Thomas Myers’ Anatomy Trains concept moves beyond mechanical ‘cause and effect’ actions of muscles to integrative relational connections of real life functional movement.
At the heart of this course are the Myofascial Meridians and their immense value as a body map for movement teachers. Understanding the anatomy, workings, sensory qualities and relationships are invaluable teaching skills that will transform your view on body reading, lesson planning and cueing.
Anatomy Trains in Motion does not take away from your movement modality, it complements and enriches what you do, giving you a different, maybe new perspective on holistic movement anatomy and myofascial training.
The three days are filled with movement relevant information and practical applications that not only sound good, but work well in the studio. In this course you will:
- Gain a comprehensive view of Thomas Myers’ Anatomy Trains concept in relation to movement
- Attain understanding of a series of inter-related ‘Essential Events’ which characterize ease in natural movements such as gait
- Experience the Myofascial Meridians in motion
- Gain understanding of the meridians’ myofascial anatomy including their influence on postural and movement patterns
- Experience scientifically based myofascial training techniques enhancing structural balance through movement
- Attain understanding of myofascial training considerations in general and in relation to each meridian
- Participate in seamlessly sequenced movement lessons in which all that is discussed is incorporated to give you a complete body-mind experience
|Dates||Mar 10 – 12, 2018|
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day
|Tuition||$850AUD / $900AUD after January 1st 2018|
|Credits Earned||21 hours|
|Cancellation Fee||TERMS & CONDITIONS|
• Workshop sizes are limited. Reservations will be accepted in date order
• A confirmation will be sent upon receipt of registration and deposit
• Course will be confirmed once minimum numbers are reached
• Cancellation up to six weeks prior to workshop – full refund - $100 admin fee
• Cancellation up to four weeks prior to workshop – less 50%
• Cancellation up to two weeks prior to workshop, no refund will be given
• Full refund of course fees if, for any reason, we cancel a workshop
+61 415 707 130
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.