Anatomy Trains in Motion – POSTPONED
$650 CDN / $750 CDN after March 20, 2020
- April 17 – 19, 2020
- Stittsville, ON, Canada
- This course is intended for Movement Professionals.
- Course Details
Due to the ongoing health concerns around Covid-19, this class will be rescheduled. We will update this listing as soon as we have the new dates and will look forward to seeing you in class at a later date.
For specific questions about this course, please contact our local host, Vijay Sharma at 613-714-9495 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Anatomy Trains in Motion is an in-depth 3-day course for movement and bodywork professionals who love integral anatomy and body-minded exercise applications that relate to real-life in all of its dimensions.
This resource-oriented education focuses on the qualities of Thomas W. Myers’ Anatomy Trains concept that enhance everyday functionality and vitality as well as somatic resourcefulness; therefore self-healing.
The integral anatomy of the myofascial meridians is explained in interactive lectures and experienced through body-minded movement applications. For a clear comprehension of the structural and functional aspects, anatomical structures are discussed individually and as part of a myofascial meridian that shapes posture, movement and how we feel about the body.
To further connect anatomy and function, science-informed fascial qualities are exemplified and embodied with deliberate exercise examples throughout the course. In a unique way, Anatomy Trains in Motion directly links the anatomy of the myofascial meridians with the essential events of walking and body-minded movement training.
Because we want to foster independent thinking and individualized learning, we encourage an inquisitive mind and facilitate understanding through movement explorations.
Concluding the course, you will have a clear understanding of why the myofascial meridians are defined the way they are and why the Anatomy Trains concept is of immense value for all body-minded movement methods that aim for structural integrity.
Anatomy Trains in Motion is a self-contained course that is also the first module of the Slings Myofascial Training® diploma education.
Learning Objectives and Goals
As a result of taking this course, you will:
- Have a deeper understanding of the value of the Anatomy Trains concept as an integral body map for movement.
- Understand and experience the map of the main myofascial tracks and bony stations of the Superficial Back Line,
- Superficial Front Line, Lateral Line and Spiral Line.
- Understand the course and experience the workings of the Deep Front Line, Front Arm Lines, Back Arm Lines, Back Functional Line, Front Functional Line and Ipsilateral Functional Line.
- Understand the overall postural and movement functions as well as sensory qualities of the myofascial meridians.
- Have essential knowledge of the interplay of muscles and fascia in motion.
- Understand functional aspects of the myofascial meridians and ways to improve them with a fascia-focussed movement training.
Distinguishing Course Features
Eight features that make Anatomy Trains in Motion (ATiM) unique:
- Body-minded movement perspective: The anatomy of the myofascial meridians is explained through the lens of body-minded movement and somatically oriented learning.
- Linking anatomy, gait, holistic training: The course structure directly links the anatomy of the myofascial meridians with the essential events of walking and body-minded movement training.
- Differentiated integration: Individual anatomical structures are discussed in detail and as part of the myofascial meridians that shape posture, movement and how we feel about the body.
- Proprioception and interoception equated: Proprioception (how we coordinate posture and movement) and interoception (how we feel about our posture and movements) are equally valued and considered.
- Science-informed embodiment: Science-informed fascial qualities and functional movement applications are discussed in interactive lectures and embodied with deliberate body-minded exercise examples.
- Resource-oriented approach: Aspects of the Anatomy Trains concept that enhance functionality are used as a tool to strengthen vitality and somatic resourcefulness; therefore self-healing.
- Guided by ATSI protocol: The philosophy and strategies of the Anatomy Trains Structural Integration bodywork concept are reflected in the organization of the ATiM course.
- Part of a diploma education: ATiM is a self-contained course that is also the first module of the Slings Myofascial Training® diploma education.
|Dates||Apr 17 – 19, 2020|
|Location||Stittsville, ON, Canada|
|Address||6130 Hazeldean Rd.|
Stittsville, ON K25 189
Friday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
|Tuition||$650 CDN / $750 CDN after March 20, 2020|
|Credits Earned||21 CECs PMA; 1.9 CEUs NASM; 21 Non-contact YA CEs|
|Cancellation Fee||$100 cancellation fee|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.