Tom Myers Movement Immersion – Live Online with Tom Myers
1 spot left
- July 7 – 9, 2020
- Walpole, ME, USA
- This course is intended for Online Course.
- Course Details
Due to travel restrictions related to the global pandemic, we are unable to provide this course in the classroom.
We will instead be delivering this program to you live online with Tom through Zoom meeting, and will limit attendance to 15 students to maintain the intimacy of the small group. We are adding one-on-one virtual meetings with Tom, extra webinars, and a merchandise gift bag as part of the revised course package.
This small group intensive allows for a deep exploration of your particular movement patterns, as well as the chance to explore movement as a physiological event. See how whole body systems interact. Develop your ability to visually assess posture, gait, & functional movement. Explore tools from Tom’s encounters with Feldenkrais and developmental movement sequences. This class has a lot to offer any teacher of movement – awareness based, health-based, or performance-based.
Max capacity: 15 students.
The activities during the 3 days varies with each group, but will include
- lectures on re-visioning our body’s anatomy holistically, including the fascial fabric’s role in development, training, and movement
- carrying this knowledge into practical assessment (BodyReading)
- building strategic tools (touch and verbal cuing) for general health, alignment/posture, gait, functional movement, intention
- understanding injury and injury repair in fascial terms
- a section on breath enhancement
- exploration of developmental movement patterns and their basis for more adult patterning
- somato-psychology – stress, distress, eustress, and the expression of emotion, trauma, and retraction in movement
Daily schedule: 10AM – 12PM and 2PM – 4PM Eastern Standard Time
12 CECs NPCP (PMA) pending
Individual 30 minute one on one meetings with Tom scheduled 7AM -10AM EST July 7-10
*New* Spiraling Into Alignment – the developmental movement sequence we will learn in class – with Tom Myers video ( 2.5 CEUs)
- Feeling Your Way Through the Lines webinar with Tom Myers (3 CEUs)
- BodyReading Webinar Series with Tom Myers (5 CEUs)
Custom Anatomy Trains Gift bag including BodyReading book, Anatomy Trains in Motion Study Guide, I heart Anatomy Trains t shirt, which we will send along.
While we will miss the contact, of course (aren’t we all?), this course in particular can be transferred online without a lot of the ‘pixelation’ we get these days in virtual classes. Generally, we’ll do a bit of sharing, a lecture, then a movement practice, and then come back together in meeting format to share experiences and carry it deeper. We can do ‘bodyreading’ – global postural assessment – online for any of you who want to do that.
Direct touch, of course, is out of the picture, but touch-cueing and ideokinesis will be front and center.
|Dates||Jul 7 – 9, 2020|
|Location||Walpole, ME, USA|
|Venue||Anatomy Trains Classroom|
|Address||180 Clark's Cove RD|
Walpole, ME, 04573
Daily course schedule:
10AM – 12PM and 2PM – 4PM each day
Individual one on one meetings with Tom scheduled 7AM -10AM EST July 7-10
|Credits Earned||12 CECs NPCP|
|Cancellation Fee||Up to 8 weeks prior, full refund less $100 admin fee; Less than 8 weeks and up to 4 weeks prior 50% refund; less than 30 days prior nonrefundable|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.