Tom Myers Movement Immersion 2021
Course is full.
- July 18 – 20, 2021
- Walpole, ME, USA
- This course is intended for Courses with Tom Myers.
- Course Details
Course is full. Please email email@example.com to be added to our waitlist.
This small group intensive allows a deep exploration of your particular movement patterns, as well as the chance to explore movement as a physiological event. See how whole body systems interact. Develop your ability to visually assess posture, gait, & functional movement. Explore tools from Tom’s encounters with Feldenkrais and developmental movement sequences. This class has a lot to offer any teacher of movement – awareness based, health-based, or performance-based.
Max capacity: 12 students.
The activities during the 3 days varies with each group, but will include
- lectures on re-visioning our body’s anatomy holistically, including the fascial fabric’s role in development, training, and movement.
- carrying this knowledge into practical assessment (BodyReading)
- building strategic tools (touch and verbal cuing) for general health, alignment/posture, gait, functional movement, intention
- understanding injury and injury repair in fascial terms
- a section on breath enhancement
- exploration of developmental movement patterns and their basis for more adult patterning
- somato-psychology – stress, distress, eustress, and the expression of emotion, trauma, and retraction in movement
Because this is a small group, we will be able to provide 1 x 1 assessments for each of you in depth over the 3 days. The aim is to reach a bit deeper toward our purpose in moving – what are you moving towards?
Course includes two exclusive dinners with Tom Myers.
Anatomy Trains Covid-19 Compliance Policy for in-person courses, Summer Program in Maine 2021.
Thank you for your interest in attending Anatomy Trains’ inspiring summer program. We have been running infection free manual therapy certification programs in Structural Integration in 2020/21, and our intention is to continue to provide a safe and healthy experience for students, teachers, and all involved, following Maine CDC and DHHS guidelines. Maine currently has the highest percentage of population vaccinated, and the lowest COVID infection rate in the United States. To continue to reduce the risk of infection we are requiring all students to provide proof of vaccination as a prerequisite to attend our 2021 Maine based summer program. As of May 24th, 2021, Maine no longer requires vaccinated individuals to wear masks indoors.
Further details will be provided upon registration. You may request a copy of our Covid-19 student waiver in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We want you to feel safe and comfortable attending our classes this summer. We have some general guidelines in place to ensure student and community safety as we happily gather again for in-person courses.
- Anatomy Trains will comply with all local public health guidelines in place at the time of class
- Anatomy Trains will require proof of vaccination against Covid-19 for all students and teachers
- Students will be asked to comply with a brief health screening before entering the classroom
- Persons with confirmed or suspected cases of Covid-19 will not be admitted to the classroom and / or asked to leave and quarantine
- We reserve the right to implement for further measures to ensure the safety of our staff and participants
- We reserve the right in our discretion to cancel any event, even if not required by local or national public health authorities
|Dates||Jul 18 – 20, 2021|
|Location||Walpole, ME, USA|
|Venue||Anatomy Trains Classroom|
|Address||180 Clark's Cove RD|
Walpole, ME, 04573
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day (1 hr for lunch)
Dinner times TBA
|Credits Earned||21 CECs PMA; 1.9 CEUs NASM|
|Cancellation Fee||Up to 30 days prior, full refund less $100 admin fee; less than 30 days prior, nonrefundable|
or live chat on our website
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.