Tom Myers Immersion – 2017 Movement Mentorship
Course is over.
- Course Details
This course has sold out. Please contact the office at 888-546-3747 to be added to the wait list.
This small group intensive allows a deep exploration of your particular movement patterns, as well as the chance to explore movement as a physiological event. See how whole body systems interact. Develop your ability to visually assess posture, gait, & functional movement. Explore tools from Tom’s encounters with Feldenkrais and developmental movement sequences. Special attention to the breath in motion. This class has a lot to offer any teacher of movement – awareness based, health-based, or performance-based. Max capacity: 10 students.
The activities during the 3 days varies with each group,
but will include
• lectures on re-visioning our body’s anatomy holistically, including the fascial fabric’s role in development, training, and movement.
• carrying this knowledge into practical assessment (BodyReading)
• building strategic tools (touch and verbal cuing) for general health, alignment/posture, gait, functional movement, intention
• understanding injury and injury repair in fascial terms
• a section on breath enhancement
• exploration of developmental movement patterns and their basis for more adult patterning
• somato-psychology – stress, distress, eustress, and the expression of emotion, trauma, and retraction in movement
Because this is a small group, we will be able to provide 1 x 1 assessments for each of you in depth over the 3 days. The aim is to reach a bit deeper toward our purpose in moving – what are you moving towards?
Course includes lodging and two meals.
|Dates||Jul 10 – 12, 2017|
|Location||Walpole, ME, USA|
|Address||180 Clark's Cove RD, Walpole, ME|
|Credits Earned||21 CECs PMA / 1.9 CEUs NASM|
|Cancellation Fee||Because of our commitment to lodging and limited spaces, cancellations after May 10, 2017 are non-refundable. For cancellations prior to that date, full refund less $100 admin fee.|
|Contact||Becky or Liza at (888) 546-3747|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.