The Female Pelvis and the Cycles of Life
$545 / $495 before May 8, 2016
Course is over.
- Course Details
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to study with these renowned myofascial and clinical experts in the integrative understanding, assessment and treatment of female pelvic health. Clinicians, manual therapists, body workers, birth workers, doulas, and yoga and movement teachers will all benefit from this immersion in fresh perspectives, in-depth anatomy and physiology, and movement explorations.
Explore the rich depths of the pelvis with bodywork, movement, and self-experience. The pelvis is the cradle of life and source of vital function and pleasure, yet potent cultural perspectives and inhibitions surrounding sex, bodily functions and posture can make it a difficult area to learn to navigate with confidence. Yet proper pelvic balance is so important to the health of the spine, gait, digestion, elimination, childbirth, sexuality, and emotional well-being. Sexual trauma, the wounds of childbirth, surgeries, and the challenges to the mature pelvis are our primary focus (but most of the material in this workshop applies to men as well). Tom Myers, author of Anatomy Trains® and director of Kinesis Inc, a worldwide bodywork education company and Dr. Eden Fromberg, osteopathic, holistic OBGYN and bio-intelligent medicine and movement pioneer, offer clinical correlations and treatment perspectives rooted in connective tissue insights.
Learn to ‘midwife’ more spacious balance and integrity in the hips, pelvic floor, and low back.
- The balance of pelvic ligaments and menstruation
- The muscular pelvic floor vs the fascial pelvic floor in ‘core support’
- Pregnancy and childbirth considerations
- Organ attachments and pelvic pain, including embryological and osteopathic visceral perspectives and treatment
- Respiratory and pelvic diaphragms, Prolapse, Better Alternatives to Kegels
- Pelvic Nutrition
- A full understanding of the psoas complex, deep lateral rotators, adductor group
- Pelvic innervation, arousal, sacred aspects
- Sex and the Psoas
- Childbirth and the Psoas
- Applications to yoga, bodywork, strengthening, breath, obstetrics, gynecology, and midwifery
|Dates||May 21 – 22, 2016|
|Location||New York, NY USA|
|Address||265 W. 37th St.|
New York, NY 10018
|Class Times||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Teacher(s)||Tom Myers & Dr. Eden Fromberg|
|Tuition||$545 / $495 before May 8, 2016|
|Credits Earned||14 CEs NCBTMB, & NYSED; 14 CECs PMA|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.