The Female Pelvis and the Cycles of Life with Tom Myers
- May 26 – 27, 2018
- Cambridge, UK
- This course is intended for Courses with Tom Myers.
- Course Details
*Class price includes morning coffee, lunch, and afternoon tea*
Explore the rich depths of the pelvis with bodywork, movement, and self-experience. The pelvis is the cradle of life, and because of its associations with sex and the rest of the ‘down there’ issues, it can be a difficult area for the bodyworker or trainer to navigate with confidence.
Proper pelvic balance is so important to the health of the spine, gait, digestion, sexuality – and also in ‘emotional intelligence’. Sexual trauma, the wounds of childbirth, surgeries, and the challenges to the post-menopausal pelvis are our primary focus (however, most of the material in this workshop applies to men as well).
Learn to ‘midwife’ more balance and openness in the muscles close to the hip joint, the pelvic floor, and low back through movements, stretch, and touch.
We will cover:
- Pelvic types in childbirth
- The balance of pelvic ligaments and menstruation
- The muscular pelvic floor vs the fascial pelvic floor in ‘core support’
- Organ attachments and pelvic pain
- Recovery from birth events
- Recovery from sexual trauma
- The journey of the baby in utero, in both, and after
- A full understanding of the psoas complex, deep lateral rotators, and adductor group
- Applications to yoga, bodywork, strengthening, and breath
**Special: Sign up for this class and the 1-day BodyReading® Master Class with Tom Myers on May 25th for a special reduced price of £470!
|Dates||May 26 – 27, 2018|
|Venue||DoubleTree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre|
|Address||Granta Place | Mill Lane | Cambridge | CB2 1RT UK|
8:30 am – 5:30 pm each day
|Contact||Any questions regarding the content of the event please contact Fiona Palmer at 07767 384893 or email email@example.com. For questions regarding registration please contact 44 (0) 28 9058 0764 or email|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.