The Art of Touch Masterclass with Tom Myers
JPY¥49,500 JPY¥44,550 (Discount Price until 2024/01/31)
- February 26 – 26, 2024
- Tokyo, Japan
- This course is intended for Courses with Tom Myers.
- Course Details
Course is conducted in English with Japanese translation.
Our skin is our largest sensory organ and rapidly delivers an array of sensory information to the central nervous system.
How we touch and interact with our clients and patients may be even more important than the techniques we use. By deepening our ability to engage in touch and improving the quality of our touch, we can elicit better responses from our clients and patients.
Tom has stated that, “Touch is a connection and communication between intelligent biological life forms”. How we touch, how we are, and how we engage are vital elements for those of us working with the human body. Learning the secrets of the art of touch from Tom Myers is an unparalleled opportunity.
This first ever Anatomy Trains specialty class ‘Art of Touch’ covers what every professional should learn if they will touch someone’s body with their hands:
– How to create a safe environment.
– How to better use the mechanics of your own body.
– How to make initial contact.
– How to maintain contact.
– How to use various points of contact (hands, fingers, forearms, elbows, etc.).
– The impact of your presence on others.
This class is intended for all individuals who incorporate touch as a part of their work:
– Physical therapists
– Massage therapists
– Structural Integration practitioners
– Athletic trainers
– Pilates & Yoga instructors
– Stretch trainers
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.