Structural Essentials: Tensegrity Spine
1600 PLN / 1700 PLN after January 24, 2018
- March 24 – 25, 2018
- Toruń, Poland
- This course is intended for Manual Therapists.
- Course Details
Please note: this course is conducted in Polish.
The Structural Essential series is a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses divided into functional regions. Combining movement and manual techniques for the most efficient and long-lasting results, and using the latest research on the interaction between skeleton, muscles, joints, and fascial proprioceptors, this series of workshops will take you to a new level in therapy.
Designed with the busy manual therapist in mind, each Structural Essentials event gives you a new understanding of the relevant area. The content will outline how the structural and functional anatomy relates to many common issues as well as to the rest of the body. Based on many new and established approaches this series will give you the skills in palpation, BodyReading and functional analysis needed for the modern multidisciplinary therapist.
PreRequisite: Must have attended the Anatomy Trains in Structure & Function Workshop
This course examines the spine as a tensegrity truss – how the bones float within the myofascial balance. Assessment and techniques for freeing and balancing the spine address:
- Anterior and posterior curvatures – lordosis and kyphosis
- Side bends
- Rotations (and counter-rotations)
- Guy-wires on both the front and the back of the spine, and
- Balancing trunk spinal work into the cervical spine and sacrum
The Structural Essentials workshops are most easily absorbed in the order outlined below but you can do them in any order as time permits.
- Arches and the Legs – 3 days
- Fans of the Hip – 2 ½ days
- Abdomen, Chest and Breath – 2 ½ days
- Tensegrity Spine – 2 ½ days
- Shoulders & Arms – 2 ½ days
- Head, Neck & Jaw – 2 days
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.