Course is over.
- Course Details
Slings Essentials is all about fascia, its role in movement and conscious training. The course revolves around fascial architecture, relevant qualities of fascia as well as Slings philosophy, myofascial training techniques and training aims. The comprehensive information will serve as a knowledge-base for the Slings in Motion repertoire of courses.
The first half of Slings Essentials revolves around fascial architecture, its interactive relationship with other systems and 10 movement relevant qualities of fascia.
The second part is dedicated to the Slings philosophy and the long-term training aims, followed by the 10 guiding principles and 10 myofascial training techniques.
Although Slings Essentials contains a good portion of theory (as tends to be the nature of a science-informed foundation education), getting the body moving is still an integral part of the training. Morning lessons and practical applications linked to the theory are as much a part of the course as the integral-anatomy-Sudoku that makes fascia so fascinating.
If you are serious about fascia and a comprehensive understanding of its role in movement, this course is for you.
In a Nutshell
- Study of fascial architecture, characteristics and structural relationships in regards to movement.
- Definition and characteristics of different fascial types (layers).
- Insight into tensegrity and biotensegrity.
- Force transmission within the fascial web.
- Tone and contractibility of fascial tissue.
- Glide and elasticity of fascia.
- Relaxation in the myofascial system.
- Hydration and nourishment of fascial tissue.
- Fascia’s role in sensory perception.
- Discussion of the Slings philosophy.
- Discussion of the ‘Big 6’ long-term training goals.
- Study and practical application of the 10 Slings Training Principles.
- Study and practical application of the 10 Slings Training Techniques.
- Experiencing exercises, myofascial training techniques and philosophy in Slings master classes.
PreRequisite: Anatomy Trains in Motion 3-day course
|Dates||Jan 30 – 31, 2018|
|Location||Tempe, AZ, USA|
|Venue||Sheraton Phoenix Airport|
|Address||1600 South 52nd Street|
Tempe, AZ 85281
9:00am-5:00pm each day
|Tuition||$400 / $500 after December 1, 2017|
|Credits Earned||14 CEs NCBTMB and PMA, pending|
|Cancellation Fee||Prior to 2 months before class: full refund less $100 admin fee|
Up to 6 weeks prior: 50% refund less $100 fee
Cancellation less than 30 days prior: non-refundable
|Contact||Liza or Becky|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.