Slings Essentials / Slings in Motion I
8500 HKD / 9350 HKD after April 20, 2018
- Course Details
Slings Essentials (1-2 May)
Slings Essentials is all about fascia, its role in movement and conscious training. The course revolves around fascial architecture, relevant qualities of fascia as well as Slings philosophy, myofascial training techniques and training aims. The comprehensive information will serve as a knowledge-base for the Slings in Motion repertoire of courses.
The first half of Slings Essentials revolves around fascial architecture, its interactive relationship with other systems and 10 movement relevant qualities of fascia.
The second part is dedicated to the Slings philosophy and the long-term training aims, followed by the 10 guiding principles and 10 myofascial training techniques.
Although Slings Essentials contains a good portion of theory (as tends to be the nature of a science-informed foundation education), getting the body moving is still an integral part of the training. Morning lessons and practical applications linked to the theory are as much a part of the course as the integral-anatomy-Sudoku that makes fascia so fascinating.
If you are serious about fascia and a comprehensive understanding of its role in movement, this course is for you.
In a Nutshell
- Study of fascial architecture, characteristics and structural relationships in regards to movement.
- Definition and characteristics of different fascial types (layers).
- Insight into tensegrity and biotensegrity.
- Force transmission within the fascial web.
- Tone and contractibility of fascial tissue.
- Glide and elasticity of fascia.
- Relaxation in the myofascial system.
- Hydration and nourishment of fascial tissue.
- Fascia’s role in sensory perception.
- Discussion of the Slings philosophy.
- Discussion of the ‘Big 6’ long-term training goals.
- Study and practical application of the 10 Slings Training Principles.
- Study and practical application of the 10 Slings Training Techniques.
- Experiencing exercises, myofascial training techniques and philosophy in Slings master classes.
Pre-Requisite – Anatomy Trains in Motion course
Slings in Motion I (3-4 May)
The 3 days are filled with a broad spectrum of diverse exercises and movement sequences. The focus is on 2 highly influential myofascial meridians of the Anatomy Trains body map, namely the:
- Supportive and persevering Superficial Back Line.
- Uplifting and protective Superficial Front Line.
The diverse repertoire comprises a contrasting blend of:
- Differentiated and integrated exercises in all body positions.
- Slow and deep, dynamic and rhythmic, stimulating and invigorating, as well as mellow and melting exercises and movement sequences.
- Exercise variations with and without props.
Each exercise is experienced and discussed in terms of:
- Movement execution.
- Myofascial anatomy.
- Myofascial training techniques.
- The use and benefits of props.
- Purposeful sequencing.
- Short-term and long-term exercise aims.
The repertoire is complemented and connected with SynerChi Flow, a seamlessly choreographed movement sequence that will be experienced in different ways throughout the course. To deepen the embodiment of the exercises and for personal experience, deliberately themed Slings in Motion master classes are incorporated.
Concluding the course, you will have a deeper understanding of the Slings Myofascial Training concept as well as a broad spectrum of science-informed and experience-proven exercises for your personal practise, movement classes and to incorporate into bodywork sessions.
Slings in Motion I is the first of a series of 3 repertoire courses that lead to the Slings Myofascial Training diploma.
Learning Objectives and Goals
As a result of taking this course, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding and embodiment of the Superficial Back Line and the Superficial Front Line in motion.
- Experience all of the primary Slings in Motion I exercises as well as exercise variations.
- Understand the movement execution, applied myofascial training techniques, sensible use of props and the training aims for each of the primary exercises.
- Experience and learn the seamlessly choreographed SynerChi Essential Flow and Dynamic Flow movement sequences.
- Deepen the understanding and embodiment of the Slings Myofascial Training concept with daily Slings in Motion master classes.
- Gain new somatic insights and a broader spectrum of movement skills.
- Obtain a diverse spectrum of functional fascia-focussed exercises for personal practise and teaching.
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.