Slings Essentials – POSTPONED
Course is full.
- July 14 – 15, 2020
- Denver, CO, USA
- This course is intended for Movement Professionals.
- Course Details
Due to ongoing health concerns around Covid-19, this course has been postponed. We will be rescheduling as soon as it is safe to do so. For questions related to this course or program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Slings Essentials is a rich course for movement and bodywork professionals who want to understand fascia in motion comprehensively.
The 2 days revolve all around fascia, its properties, its role in movement and how to train fascia consciously with a diverse and body-minded strategy.
The course begins with the functional definition of fascia, 4 movement relevant differentiations within the fascial system and the 6 guiding principles of the Slings Myofascial Training education.
12 science-informed fascial qualities form the main part of the education. Metaphorically speaking, they are the defined, yet interconnected elements that create the tensegral structure of Slings Essentials. Derived from the fascial qualities are 12 myofascial training techniques and 12 overarching training aims, which are also covered in the course.
In a series of interactive lectures, each fascial quality is discussed from the perspective of science, movement in general and Slings Myofascial Training specifically. Engaging demonstrations, illustrative examples and practical applications make the lectures memorable and practise-relevant.
Contrasting Slings in Motion master classes are woven into the course to deepen the embodiment of the discussed fascial qualities, myofascial training techniques and training aims.
Because knowledge propagates questions, Slings Essentials is a thought-provoking course that at the same time gives you sound information about fascia in motion and clear answers to why we train fascia the way we do.
The know-how attained in Anatomy Trains in Motion and Slings Essentials serves as the basis for the Slings in Motion repertoire courses.
Learning Objective and Goals
As a result of taking this course, you will:
- Know the functional definition of fascia and understand the reasons for it.
- Know 4 main specializations within the fascial system and understand their practical relevance.
- Understand the 6 guiding principles of the Slings Myofascial Training education and their relevance for a fascia-focussed training.
- Know the defined 12 fascial qualities, their relevance for movement in general and Slings Myofascial Training specifically.
- Understand that the fascial qualities are interconnected like all systems in the body.
- Understand how the 12 myofascial training techniques and 12 training aims relate to the 12 fascial qualities.
- Experience the fascial qualities and training techniques with Slings in Motion exercises, movement sequences and master classes.
- Experience the effects of Slings Myofascial Training.
- Understand the value of training fascia consciously in a diverse and body-minded manner.
|Dates||Jul 14 – 15, 2020|
|Location||Denver, CO, USA|
|Venue||Move Studios Denver|
|Address||40 S. Broadway, # 201|
Denver, CO 80209
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day
|Tuition||$375 / $475 after June 12, 2020|
|Cancellation Fee||Up to 8 weeks prior, full refund less $100 admin fee; less than 8 weeks and up to 4 weeks prior, 50% refund; less than 30 days, prior nonrefundable.|
|Contact||Francesca DiPrima or Becky Eugley|
(Toll Free) 888-546-3747 / 207-563-7121
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.