Slings BodyReading & Movement Strategies Live Online
$590 USD until 14 October 2024 / $650 thereafter
- November 14 – 17, 2024
- Online course
- This course is intended for Online Course.
- Course Details
Postural ease brings a feeling of inner lift and physical wellbeing. It is ergonomic, meaning standing is restful, allowing access to more energy for things more fun than laboriously resisting gravity. As a bonus, it enhances the body’s attractiveness. By learning to see structural relationships and myofascial patterns, a coherent Slings Myofascial Training strategy can be created to facilitate postural balance and, with it, the invaluable feeling of inner ease.
Reading the geometry of the body and drawing meaningful, practical conclusions is an art and a craft. The Slings BodyReading & Movement Strategy Foundations course has a well-contained structure, empowering participants to develop necessary skills with confidence. The step-by-step approach makes the complexity of postural patterns tangible and clearly explains the value of coherent exercise solutions.
Learning Objectives and Goals
In this course you will:
- Learn key qualities that enable and sustain positive postural change.
- Understand the value of the relationship between structural postural patterns and how posture feels.
- Be clear about the difference between postural ease and active uprightness.
- More deeply understand and appreciate 3 Fascial Movement Qualities in light of postural rebalancing: Kinaesthesia, tensile strength, and adaptability.
- Become familiar with the Anatomy Trains-based BodyReading terminology.
- Know the 7-Step BodyReading & Movement Strategies process in theory and practice.
- Train your eyes to recognise bony relationships and associated myofascial patterns.
- Understand 5 common postural patterns, the myofascial implications, and their impact on physical wellbeing.
- Understand 2 additional postural considerations and their impact on physical functionality.
- Know a set of 12 Slings in Motion exercises and posture-based variations to facilitate postural rebalancing.
- Gain 3 well-rounded Slings in Motion sequences and posture-based variations to address the discussed postural patterns and considerations.
- Receive a set of forms to use as references and templates.
- Experience topic related master classes, movement sequences, and individual exercises.
- Attain insight into your own postural patterns and how to attain greater ease and balance.
The course content is immediately relevant for yourself and your clients; in an individualised training or a group format.
This course will be recorded with 30 days of access to the recordings provided. In order to access the recordings, you must sign up prior to course commencement.
Please note that the recordings will be made available to you on the Monday after the course.
Training Tools Needed
- One Pilates/Yoga mat
- Two soft massage balls (Ø 12cm), for example: Slings Myofascial Massage Balls
- Two soft massage domes (Ø 11cm, 6cm height), for example: Slings Myofascial Massage Domes
- One or two trigger balls (Ø 40mm), for example: Slings Myofascial Trigger Balls
Nice to Have
- One kneeling pad, for example: Slings Kneeling Pad
- One Yoga belt
- One Yoga block
|Dates||Nov 14 – 17, 2024|
|Venue||Online via Zoom|
8am – 1:15pm London, UK time
|Tuition||$590 USD until 14 October 2024 / $650 thereafter|
|Contact||art of motion|
+41 31 311 14 41
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.