Home / Anatomy Trains Store / Courses / Moving Into, Through, and Beyond Trauma with Tom Myers
Moving Into, Through, and Beyond Trauma with Tom Myers
3 spots left
- July 14 – 16, 2021
- Walpole, ME, USA
- This course is intended for Courses with Tom Myers.
- Course Details
Getting Unhooked: Strategies for Resilience with Tom Myers
Traumatic experiences – large single events and small repeated ones – hook into all the body systems, creating limitations and ‘no go’ areas. Bodywork, breath work, and intelligent movement create a pathway to discover, process, and resolve these patterns and their psychophysiological effects.
This 3-day class will include:
- What trauma really is and how the neuromyofascial web responds to it
- BodyReading / visual assessment of traumatic patterns
- Self-exploration of myofascial release, movement and breath to enter into ‘forbidden’ space
- Handling trauma release ethically and effectively in your clients and students
This course will draw on the work of Stephen Porges, Bessel van der Kolk, Peter Levine, and other trauma researchers, and of course Tom’s 40 years of practice experience finding, releasing, and re-integrating such hooks. Bring your clients back from the edge – and so many are there these days – with confidence and skill.
Note: Class size is limited to 14 people.
Please note that this is not a therapy session for those with trauma, but a professional course for those who deal with trauma.
Anatomy Trains Covid-19 Compliance Policy for in-person courses, Summer Program in Maine 2021.
Thank you for your interest in attending Anatomy Trains’ inspiring summer program. We have been running infection free manual therapy certification programs in Structural Integration in 2020/21, and our intention is to continue to provide a safe and healthy experience for students, teachers, and all involved, following Maine CDC and DHHS guidelines. Maine currently has the highest percentage of population vaccinated, and the lowest COVID infection rate in the United States. To continue to reduce the risk of infection we are requiring all students to provide proof of vaccination as a prerequisite to attend our 2021 Maine based summer program. As of May 24th, 2021, Maine no longer requires vaccinated individuals to wear masks indoors.
Further details will be provided upon registration. You may request a copy of our Covid-19 student waiver in advance by emailing email@example.com
We want you to feel safe and comfortable attending our classes this summer. We have some general guidelines in place to ensure student and community safety as we happily gather again for in-person courses.
- Anatomy Trains will comply with all local public health guidelines in place at the time of class
- Anatomy Trains will require proof of vaccination against Covid-19 for all students and teachers
- Students will be asked to comply with a brief health screening before entering the classroom
- Persons with confirmed or suspected cases of Covid-19 will not be admitted to the classroom and / or asked to leave and quarantine
- We reserve the right to implement for further measures to ensure the safety of our staff and participants
- We reserve the right in our discretion to cancel any event, even if not required by local or national public health authorities
|Dates||Jul 14 – 16, 2021|
|Location||Walpole, ME, USA|
|Venue||Anatomy Trains Classroom|
|Address||180 Clark's Cove RD|
Walpole, ME, USA
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day (1 hr for lunch)
|Credits Earned||21 CEs NCBTMB; 21 CECs NPCP; 21 CEs IASI|
|Cancellation Fee||Up to 30 days prior, full refund less $100 admin fee; less than 30 days prior, nonrefundable.|
or live chat on our website
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.