Moving Into, Through, and Beyond Trauma
Course is full.
- August 11 – 13, 2017
- Walpole, ME, USA
- This course is intended for Courses with Tom Myers.
- Course Details
Getting Unhooked: Strategies for Resilience with Tom Myers
Traumatic experiences – large single events and small repeated ones – hook into all the body systems, creating limitations and ‘no go’ areas. Bodywork, breath work, and intelligent movement create a pathway to discover, process, and resolve these patterns and their psychophysiological effects.
This 3-day class will include:
- What trauma really is and how the neuromyofascial web responds to it
- BodyReading / visual assessment of traumatic patterns
- Self-exploration of myofascial release, movement and breath to enter into ‘forbidden’ space
- Handling trauma release ethically and effectively in your clients and students
This course will draw on the work of Stephen Porges, Peter Levine, Bessel van der Kolk, and Tom’s 40 years of practice experience finding, releasing, and re-integrating such hooks. Bring your clients back from the edge – and so many are there these days – with confidence and skill.
|Dates||Aug 11 – 13, 2017|
|Location||Walpole, ME, USA|
|Venue||Anatomy Trains Classroom|
|Address||180 Clark's Cove RD|
Walpole, ME 04551
9:00am – 5:00pm each day
|Tuition||$650/$550 before July 17th, 2017|
|Credits Earned||21 CEs NCBTMB; 21 CEs IASI; 21 CEUs PMA - PENDING|
|Cancellation Fee||For cancellations prior to 2 months before class – full refund less $100 admin fee; for cancellations up to 6 weeks prior – 50% refund less $100 fee; Cancellation less than 30 days prior – non-refundable.|
|Contact||Becky or Liza at (888) 546-3747|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.