Movement Immersion with Tom Myers & Ian O’Dwyer
13 spots left
- Course Details
This small group intensive allows a deep exploration of your particular movement patterns, as well as the chance to explore movement as a physiological event. See how whole body systems interact. Develop your ability to visually assess posture, gait, & functional movement. Explore tools from Tom’s encounters with Feldenkrais and developmental movement sequences, and be immersed in the fun and intelligence of whole hearted Ian O’Dwyer’s SOMA system. Special attention to the breath in motion. This class has a lot to offer any teacher of movement – awareness based, health-based, or performance-based. Max capacity: 14 students.
The activities during the 3 days varies with each group, but will include
• lectures on re-visioning our body’s anatomy holistically, including the fascial fabric’s role in development, training, and movement.
• carrying this knowledge into practical assessment (BodyReading)
• building strategic tools (touch and verbal cuing) for general health, alignment/posture, gait, functional movement, intention
• understanding injury and injury repair in fascial terms
• a section on breath enhancement
• exploration of developmental movement patterns and their basis for more adult patterning
• somato-psychology – stress, distress, eustress, and the expression of emotion, trauma, and retraction in movement
Because this is a small group, we will be able to provide 1 x 1 assessments for each of you in depth over the 3 days. The aim is to reach a bit deeper toward our purpose in moving – what are you moving towards?
Course includes lodging and two meals. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from pre-arranged lodging.
|Dates||Jul 6 – 8, 2018|
|Location||Walpole, ME, USA|
|Venue||Anatomy Trains Classroom|
|Address||180 Clark's Cove RD|
Walpole, ME 04573
9:00am-5:00pm each day
|Teacher(s)||Tom Myers, Ian O'Dwyer|
|Credits Earned||21 CECs PMA / 1.9 CEUs NASM|
|Cancellation Fee||Prior to 2 months before class: full refund less $100 admin fee|
Up to 6 weeks prior: 50% refund less $100 fee
Cancellation less than 30 days prior: non-refundable
|Contact||Liza or Becky|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.