Manual NVR Part 1: Neck, Upper Thorax, and “Roots of Arms” (distance learning)
$1000 or four monthly payments of $250 (see course details for more)
- July 5 – August 10, 2023
- Online course
- This course is intended for Neurovascular Release.
- Course Details
In Manual NVR Part 1, the first course in the Manual NVR series, we will thoroughly explore restrictions within the neck, head, and upper thorax, including the shoulder girdle.
Improve your treatment outcomes with new strategic approaches for classic functional problems:
• Work with the vascular system to release hypertonic muscles that are shortening the myofascial tracks, distorting posture, and limiting movement.
• Free up the brachial and cervical plexus, intercostal nerves, cranial nerves, and dural restrictions to improve structural balance and function.
• Work with the vagus nerve to the lungs, heart, and stomach, and release artery tension to the diaphragm and lungs for better breathing and nervous system regulation.
• Improve your efficiency by finding the sources of restriction more quickly and resolving them with less physical effort.
• Cultivate your clients’ and patients’ proprioception, interoception, and appreciation for how smart and adaptive their body is.
In this context, we will discuss how to work sensitively with a trauma response, navigating current somatic experiences with gentleness and curiosity. We will also discuss cautions and contraindications to consider when you are reviewing medical history, signs, and symptoms, all of which will help you to practice safely and plan your way through a session.
Note: There are alternative class times for students in East Asian and Australian time zones. (Please refer to the Course Details.)
|Dates||Jul 5 – Aug 10, 2023|
Option A: Five classes are held at 8 am – 12 pm Pacific time (GMT-8) on Wednesdays. Option A Students will attend these classes live. Recordings will be available for review. If you miss class, you must watch and practice along with the recorded class and then attend the live Q&A.
Option B: We start with a 90-minute live introductory session. You will have a week to watch the recording and practice the techniques for each class, after which we will meet for a 90- minute live Q&A session. Altogether there are six required live sessions held at 5 – 6:30 pm Pacific time (GMT-8) on Thursdays (Friday mornings in East Asia and Australia).
July 6 — Introductory session for Option B
|Teacher(s)||Kieran (Kier) Schumaker|
|Tuition||$1000 or four monthly payments of $250 Tuition includes ongoing access to class recordings for your review, plus small group and private mentoring: • Video recordings of this course, edited into segments with timestamps that allow you to find individual techniques. • Free fifteen-minute mentoring sessions via Zoom, each focused on one client case (scheduled as needed during the year after your course has been completed). • A 12-month subscription to the NVR Monthly Seminar Series, a total of 24 hours of live sessions and recordings.|
|Credits Earned||For Option A students: 20 CEs NCBTMB (pending approval); 20 CEs IASI Cat 1|
|Cancellation Fee||If cancelling 45 or more days before class, you will be refunded what you have paid, minus a $100 cancellation fee. No refund less than 45 days before the course. If you need to cancel your enrollment last-minute due to an unexpected life event or a positive COVID test, we can talk about your options for substituting another class.|
via text or WhatsApp
Or via Zoom by scheduling a student consultation: https://agilebodyschedule.as.me/student-consult