Freeing the Breath Advanced – Unlocking the Lower Rib with Tom Myers – Australia
- Course Details
We once asked Dr Ida Rolf what part of the body she would specialise in if she had to specialise. She said ’The 12th rib’, and we all laughed. But she was serious: Around a dozen muscles attach to the 12th rib, as short as it is. The lower ribs marry the rib cage to the pelvis, join breathing and walking, and hold the kidneys and adrenals in their embrace. The lower ribs are often ‘locked’ by common postural compensation, so freeing this part of the breath is more involved than just mobilising the ribs themselves.
This workshop concentrates on the healthy functioning of these ribs and the posterior part of the breath, but the techniques will range from neck to knees.
Open to those with demonstrated 3 years clinical experience as a physio, massage therapist, or hands-on movement educator.
|Dates||Feb 8 – 9, 2020|
|Location||Fremantle, WA, Australia|
|Venue||Anatomy Trains Australia & New Zealand HQ|
|Address||2/5 Norfolk Street, Fremantle|
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day
|Teacher(s)||Tom MyersMichael Polon|
|Cancellation Fee||TERMS & CONDITIONS|
• Workshop sizes are limited. Reservations will be accepted in date order
• A confirmation will be sent upon receipt of registration and deposit
• Course will be confirmed once minimum numbers are reached
• Cancellation up to 4 weeks prior to workshop – less 50%
• Cancellation less than four weeks prior to workshop – no refund
• Full refund of course fees if, for any reason, we cancel a workshop
+61 8 9335 5063
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.