The Female Pelvis in the Cycles of Life *SOLD OUT*
- March 7 – 8, 2018
- Tokyo, Japan
- This course is intended for Courses with Tom Myers.
- Course Details
Note: This course is now sold out. Please contact Kaori Tani at +81-3-5422-7100 for further information.
Presented by Tom Myers
Explore the rich depths of the pelvis with bodywork, movement, and self-experience. The pelvis is the cradle of life, and because of its associations with sex and the rest of the ‘down there’ issues, it can be a difficult area for the bodyworker or trainer to navigate with confidence.
Proper pelvic balance is so important to the health of the spine, gait, digestion, sexuality – and also in ‘emotional intelligence’. Sexual trauma, the wounds of childbirth, surgeries, and the challenges to the post-menopausal pelvis are our primary focus (however, most of the material in this workshop applies to men as well).
Learn to ‘midwife’ more balance and openness in the muscles close to the hip joint, the pelvic floor, and low back through movements, stretch, and touch.
We will cover:
- Pelvic types in childbirth
- The balance of pelvic ligaments and menstruation
- The muscular pelvic floor vs the fascial pelvic floor in ‘core support’
- Organ attachments and pelvic pain
- Recovery from birth events
- Recovery from sexual trauma
- The journey of the baby in utero, in both, and after
- A full understanding of the psoas complex, deep lateral rotators, and adductor group
- Applications to yoga, bodywork, strengthening, and breath
|Dates||Mar 7 – 8, 2018|
|Venue||TFT Building Meeting Room 905|
|Address||3-6-11 Ariake, Koutou-ku, Tokyo|
9:30 am – 5:30 pm each day
|Credits Earned||14 Credit Hours|
|Cancellation Fee||l0% of the course fee in general, after Jan 5th: 50% of the course fee, after March 4th 100%.|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.