Fascial Release for Structural Balance: Head, Neck and Jaw
$449 CAD + HST before Sept. 1, 2016 / $499 CAD + HST before Oct. 17, 2016 / $549 CAD + HST after Oct. 17, 2016
- Course Details
The Fascial Release for Structural Balance (FRSB) series, based on the book of the same name, is a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses,– divided into functional regions. Each course thoroughly conveys 15 – 20 technique ‘templates’, designed for versatile application for the different patterns your clients bring to you. The courses fully explain the intent and scope of each move. Come out of these courses with new tools for soft-tissue release.
Each class includes:
• Relevant anatomy for the area – short intensive and integrated presentations assemble the best figures from multiple sources, including brand new learning tools such as video of fascial dissections and palpation of the relevant structures to convey the information in an inspiring and understandable fashion.
• BodyReading (visual assessment) – the common postural and movement implications – how to see and ‘read’ them in the intricacy of individual patterns
• Fascial Release Techniques – each technique is fully laid out for intent and ‘feel’, with plenty of time for practice, ensuring that you can apply these methods immediately in your practice.
- Students will be able to palpate, assess and treat various areas of the body, based on the regional focus of the course
- Students will understand the biomechanical implications of fascial anatomy at a more advanced level
- Student will enhance their myofascial release, palpation, and postural assessment skills
Although it is recommended that you have attended the Anatomy Trains workshop, it is not required. Familiarity with the books, Anatomy Trains and Fascial Release for Structural Balance are recommended.
The Head, Neck and Jaw
The neck is a remarkable feat of biomechanical engineering, giving a combination of wide range of movement but maintaining a structural strength. It is often seen as the last site of compensation as it corrects for any alteration from below allowing the eyes and ears to orient to the horizon. Patterns can of course work their way in the other direction and particularly from the jaw and its many possible patterns of movement and holding. This course will focus on key areas of the neck and jaw complex to allow you to build successful strategies to ease these potential problem areas alleviating the issues working in both directions and setting the body up for a longer lasting change.
- The sub-occipital muscles,
- The laminar groove and deep cervical muscles,
- The muscular wires off the front of the neck – anterior scalenes and colli muscles,
- Intra-oral work for the hyoid complex, the tongue, and the floor of the mouth, and
- The jaw muscles, TMJ, the palate and facial muscles
|Dates||Nov 19 – 20, 2016|
|Location||Toronto, ON Canada|
|Venue||Sutherland Chan Massage School|
|Address||330 Dupont St. Suite 400|
9:00am-5:00pm each day
|Tuition||$449 CAD + HST before Sept. 1, 2016 / $499 CAD + HST before Oct. 17, 2016 / $549 CAD + HST after Oct. 17, 2016|
|Credits Earned||14 CEs|
|Cancellation Fee||Up to 2 months - $100 admin fee|
6 weeks - 50%
30 days or less - only transfer
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.