Home / Anatomy Trains Store / Courses / Fascial Release for Structural Balance: Tensegrity Spine
Fascial Release for Structural Balance: Tensegrity Spine
- April 19 – 20, 2017
- Auckland, New Zealand
- This course is intended for Courses with Tom Myers.
- Course Details
Fascial Release for Structural Balance Series: Tensegrity Spine
The Fascial Release for Structural Balance (FRSB) is a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses – based on the book of the same name – divided into functional regions. Combining movement and manual techniques for the most efficient and long-lasting results, and using the latest research on the interaction between skeleton, muscles, joints, and fascial proprioceptors, this series of workshops will take you to a new level in therapy.
Designed with the busy therapist in mind, each FRSB event gives you a new understanding of the relevant area. The content will outline how the structural and functional anatomy relates to many common issues as well as to the rest of the body. Based on many new and established approaches the Fascial Release for Structural Balance will give you the skills in palpation, BodyReading and functional analysis needed for the modern multidisciplinary therapist.
PreRequisite: Must have attended the Anatomy Trains in Structure & Function Workshop
This course examines the spine as a tensegrity truss – how the bones float within the myofascial balance. Assessment and techniques for freeing and balancing the spine address:
- Anterior and posterior curvatures – lordosis and kyphosis
- Side bends
- Rotations (and counter-rotations)
- Guy-wires on both the front and the back of the spine, and
- Balancing trunk spinal work into the cervical spine and sacrum
The FRSB workshops are most easily absorbed in the order outlined below but you can do them in any order as time permits.
- Arches and the Legs – 3 days
- Fans of the Hip – 2 ½ days
- Abdomen, Chest and Breath – 2 ½ days
- Tensegrity Spine – 2 ½ days
- Shoulders & Arms – 2 ½ days
- Head, Neck & Jaw – 2 days
|Dates||Apr 19 – 20, 2017|
|Location||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Venue||Ellerslie Event Centre|
|Address||80 Ascot Avenue |
Auckland, New Zealand
9:00am – 5:00pm each day
|Credits Earned||16 CEs|
|Cancellation Fee||• Cancellation up to six weeks prior to workshop – full refund - $100 admin fee|
• Cancellation up to four weeks prior to workshop – less 30%
• Cancellation up to two weeks prior to workshop – less 50%
• No refund will be given for cancellation less than 1 week prior to workshop
• Full refund of course fees UNLESS, for any reason, we cancel a workshop
+61 415 707 130
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.