Fascial Dissection 2022
- Course Details
Course is full. Please see Fascial Dissection – Section 2 for additional dates offered! Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be on the waitlist.
We are so excited to be back in the lab with Anatomy Trains author Tom Myers and master dissector Todd Garcia in Todd’s Laboratory of Anatomical Enlightenment in Boulder, Colorado. Join students from around the world and from all types of manual, movement and fitness professions to explore the real human form – not the images you get from books.
- Todd will be demonstrating and dissecting at his own station, with two cameras projecting onto two large monitors
- Tom and Todd will be providing lectures and practices during breaks, so you can embody what you have learned in the lab through your own movement and understanding
- Daily schedule:
- 8:30 arrival for 9am lecture
- 9:30AM – 12:30 dissection in the lab
- 12:30 – 1:30 lunch
- 1:30 – 2:30 lecture/BodyRead/palpation
- 2:30 – 5:00 dissection in the lab
- You will be working on your own projects, supported by lab assistants
- You will be at a table with 7 other students
- There will be at least 6 different donors for comparative anatomy
- Boxed lunch from Whole Foods will be included and provided free on site. If you prefer, there are other restaurants and coffee shops around.
- Online electronic waivers need to be completed with registration
- Total cost of the course is $2,800 and the $500 deposit is non-refundable and used to secure your enrollment
- Discount for Full Payment in Advance: $2,550 ($250 discount)
- By selecting the multi-payment option, you are agreeing to pay $500 now and to have $766.66/mo automatically withdrawn from your card for the next 3 months
- Please read the confirmation email after registering for important logistics and details
All our work will be with untreated cadavers – otherwise difficult to find – meaning no chemical smell and a much more ‘true-to-life’ view of fascia and tissue colouring. Untreated tissue moves through the same range of motion as the living body, and offers a very different perception of the behavior of fascial tissues.
These are not prosections or mere demonstrations – you are doing the dissecting yourself from Day 1. Tom and Todd will offer tutorials, explanations, or brief lectures on our collective findings. No previous experience with dissection is necessary to attend this course.
In 5 days you will go from skin to bone, including exploration of the superficial fascial layers, the myofascia and Anatomy Trains, the organs and their attachments, and the brain and nervous system. Pick your own project or we can help you find one – an opportunity to follow your own lights in the body, as well as from observing the fine skills of master dissector Todd Garcia who will be demonstrating on a dedicated table.
Emotional and spiritual aspects of the experience are very much respected – it’s a voyage of discovery, and an encounter with mortality. We understand and are supportive.
Nothing can replace doing dissection first hand, with your own hands and eyes. What is it you want to know about? What do you want to see for yourself?
$500 deposit non-refundable. 50% refund for cancellation up to November 1st, 2021. Due to our investment in the donor cadavers, tuition is non-refundable after November 1st.
|Dates||Jan 10 – 14, 2022|
|Location||Boulder, CO, USA|
|Venue||Laboratories of Anatomical Enlightenment|
|Address||5401 Western Ave, Boulder, CO. 80301|
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM daily** (**Please arrive at 8:30 AM on the first day for registration)
|Teacher(s)||Tom Myers, Todd Garcia|
|Credits Earned||40 CES NCBTMB; 40 CEs PMA; 40 CEs IASI Cat. 1|
|Cancellation Fee||$500 deposit non-refundable. 50% refund for cancellation up to November 1st, 2021. Due to our investment in the donor cadavers, tuition is non-refundable after November 1st.|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.