Fascia and Pain Science Live Online with Tom Myers and Eric Owens
Course is full.
- September 25 – October 2, 2022
- Online course
- This course is intended for Online Course.
- Course Details
Thank you for your interest. Registration for this class is now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Anatomy Trains author Tom Myers, and Eric Owens, co-founder of Delos Therapy, are doing a livestream together to bring everyone up to date on fascia’s contribution to body pain.
In 2 x 2 hr presentations, Eric and Tom share their array of rich clinical experience combined with the latest research regarding fascia – the body’s fabric – and pain – the universal signal that something needs attention.
This course will be provided over zoom webinar with multiple camera views, live chat and Q&A.
Recordings will be provided via password protected streaming access for 45 days after each module ends.
Throughout both modules, Tom lays out what is known about our fascial system:
- What is fascia made of and what does it do?
- How do fascial properties contribute to training?
- What happens to fascia in injury and repair?
- Fascia’s role in pain
- Fascia and immunity
Tom’s lectures are lavishly illustrated, including new dissection video of fascia / muscle / joint interaction and how they connect, as well as new information from the Montreal 2022 Fascia Research Congress
Eric lays out:
Part 1: Normal anatomy and what changes as we age
- What is normal muscle/connective tissue anatomy?
- What are the various layers of fascia and how do they move?
- Ultrasound of shear movement
- Why muscle pliability and strength are so important
- How much muscle mass and strength do we lose as we age?
- What starts to go wrong?
Most cases are connective tissue in origin
- connective tissue stiffening is a hallmark of aging
- perimysial fibrosis
- More specific abnormalities and connective tissue dysfunction
- Why it gets missed with conventional medicine
Fascia can be pain generator
- alteration of tension
- alteration of macrostructures
- alteration of microstructures
In Module 2, Tom and Eric bring their decades of experience to bear on easing and resolving the strain patterns that initiate pain patterns, both in athletes and in daily practice. This includes application to foot pain, pelvic pain, shoulder limitation, low back and neck distortion, as well as techniques for making pain more bearable when it cannot be resolved.
Eric Part 2: The remodeling process
- Delos Therapy and Delos Strength
- Delos animation videos
- Foam rolling and limitations of rolling across tissues
- Pliability vs flexibility (pliability is king)
- flexibility largely under neural control, but doesn’t indicate much about the quality of muscle
- Why pressure combined with shear have profound effects on the quality of muscle and break up the fibrosis found in the perimysium
- Why strength training is an important synergistic step
- connective tissue adaptations to strength training
- how it mitigates the aging process
- how it rebuilds a healthy connective tissue network
Putting it all together into a longevity protocol
Sunday, September 25, 2022 – 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
Sunday, October 2, 2022 – 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
About Eric Owens: Eric co-founded Delos Therapy after having a career as a professional athlete. In graduate school, he centered his research on pain and inflammatory conditions and earned a master’s degree in biomedical science. He continued his scientific training in medical school where he focused on musculoskeletal dysfunction. During his final year of medical school, Eric decided to forego his residency training and pursue his passion for Delos Therapy. By combining his background as a professional athlete and his medical studies, Eric is looking to change the way the industry approaches the understanding and treatment of chronic pain.
|Dates||Sep 25 – Oct 2, 2022|
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT each day
|Teacher(s)||Tom Myers, Eric Owens|
|Tuition||Early bird price of $175 USD held until September 18, 2022 / $275 thereafter.|
|Credits Earned||4 CEs NCBTMB, pending; 0.4 CECs NASM, pending; 4 CEs IASI Cat. 1; 4 CECs NPCP (PMA), pending|
|Cancellation Fee||For cancellations up to 24 hours before the start of the course, full tuition credit to applied towards a future workshop or product. Cancellations within 24 hours before the start of the course, no refunds.|
|Contact||Francesca at 888 546-3747|
or live chat on our website
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.