Every Breath You Take: Teeth, Tongue and Eyes Edition Dissection Livestream
Course is full.
- November 19 – 19, 2022
- Online course
- This course is intended for Online Course.
- Course Details
Thank you for your interest! Registration for this course is now closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please join us for this unique Dissection Livestream event, Every Breath You Take: Teeth, Tongue and Eyes Edition with Anatomy Trains author Tom Myers, Master Dissector Todd Garcia and special guest Dr Dania Tamimi.
To ensure a high quality student experience, registration will CLOSE on Friday, November 18, 2022 at 8:00 PM EST.
Our dissections are done live, on donors who have not been ‘fixed’ with chemicals. Therefore the colors and movement of the structures we will see on this voyage of discovery are as natural and lifelike as possible.
This course will be provided over zoom webinar with multiple camera views, live chat and Q&A. Recordings will be provided via password protected streaming access for 5 days. This special dissection livestream format allows us to go more deeply into the relationships and applications to multiple manual and movement modalities, from athletic training to trauma resolution to osteopathy.
Saturday, November 19, 2022
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM EST
- The neuro-cranium and viscero-cranium
- The jaw as the ‘limb’ of the head: muscles of mastication
- The visceral cylinder and the tongue: Deep Front Line connections
- Life on land: breathing and swallowing in the pharynx
- The viscerocranium, occlusion, and the trigeminal nerve
- Parotid gland & duct relating to Masseter, Temporalis & Buccinator muscles
- Submandibular gland relating to Platysma muscle
- Anterior & Posterior Digastric, Mylohyoid, & Stylohyoid muscles
- Sternohyoid, Sternothyroid, Thyrohyoid & Omohyoid muscles relating to Common carotid artery, Internal jugular vein & Vagus nerve
- Thyroid cartilage
- Thyroid gland
- Cricoid cartilage
- Hyoid bone
- Geniohyoid & Genioglossus muscles relating to the Body of tongue
- Uvula relating to Soft plate, Palatopharyngeal arch, Palatoglossal arch & Palatine tonsil
- Frenulum of lower lip
- Lingual nerve & Sublingual gland
- Temporomandibular joint & Articular disc
- Inferior Alveolar & Lingual nerve relating to the Medial pterygoid muscle
- Lateral Pterygoid muscle
- Trachea, Epiglottis & Vocal fold/cords
- Superior, Middle & Inferior Pharyngeal constrictor muscles
- Nasal septum/Vomer bone
- Cartilaginous part of eustachian tube
- Trigeminal ganglion & Ophthalmic, Maxillary & Mandibular nerves
- Ophthalmic nerve V1 relating to Superior orbital fissure
- Frontal nerve
- Levator palpebrae superioris, Superior oblique, Superior rectus, Medial rectus, Lateral rectus, Inferior rectus & inferior oblique muscles
- Optic nerve
- Lacrimal gland
- Maxillary nerve V2 relating to Foramen rotundum, Maxillary sinus & Upper teeth
- Mandibular nerve V3 relating to Foramen ovale & entering the Mandibular foramen & relating to Lower teeth
- Teeth (crown, & root)
- Superior, Middle & Inferior nasal concha
- Vitreous body & lens of the eye
About Dr Dania Tamimi
Dr. Dania Tamimi is a dentist and a board-certified oral and maxillofacial radiologist. She is also a 500-hour yoga intructor and Stott-pilates trained instructor, as well as being trained as a yoga therapist. She has written multiple textbooks in the field of maxillofacial radiology, most recently, “Specialty imaging: temporomandibular joint and Sleep-disordered breathing” and an international speaker in the field of oral and maxillofacial radiology.
|Dates||Nov 19 – 19, 2022|
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM EST
|Teacher(s)||Tom Myers, Todd Garcia|
|Credits Earned||3 CEUs NCBTMB, pending; 3 CEs NPCP, pending; 0.3 CEs NASM, pending; 3 CEs IASI Cat 1|
|Cancellation Fee||For cancellations up to 24 hours before the start of the course, full tuition credit to applied towards a future workshop or product. Cancellations within 24 hours before the start of the course, no refunds.|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.