Home / Anatomy Trains Store / Courses / “Every Breath You Take”: Dissection Livestream Specialty Class with Tom Myers and Todd Garcia
“Every Breath You Take”: Dissection Livestream Specialty Class with Tom Myers and Todd Garcia
Course is full.
- February 4 – 5, 2022
- Online course
- Course Details
Thank you for your interest. Registration for the course is now closed. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Please join us for this unique Dissection Livestream event focused on the breath dynamics with Anatomy Trains author Tom Myers, and Master Dissector Todd Garcia.
We will tour the unique lived experience of human breath, from the inhale to the exhale in 3 x 2 hour modules.
This course will be provided over zoom webinar with multiple camera views, live chat and Q&A. Recordings will be provided via password protected streaming access for 5 days. This special dissection livestream format allows us to go more deeply into the relationships and applications to multiple manual and movement modalities, from athletic training to trauma resolution to osteopathy.
Friday, February 4th: 6:00 -8:00 PM EST
Saturday, February 5th: 10:00 AM -12:00 PM, and 3:00-5:00 PM EST
Friday, February 4th – 6:00 – 8:00 PM EST
Module 1 Concepts: The Upper Ventral Cavity
- Air flow at head/neck with inhalation and exhalation.
- Nose breathing vs mouth breathing.
- Role of tongue in breathing.
- What happens during sleep apnea.
- Head/neck position and breathing ability. (e.g. how forward head posture restricts airflow)
- The unique human voice
- The ‘Visceral Skeleton’ and development of our respiratory system
Module 1 Structures List: Anterior Neck, Nose & Throat
- Superficial tissue, muscles, nerves, blood vessels, and bones relating to the following.
- Thyroid cartilage
- Cricoid cartilage
- Hyoid bone
- Vocal cords
- Superior nasal concha
- Middle nasal concha
- Inferior nasal concha
- Nasal septum
Saturday, February 5th – 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
Module 2 Concepts: – Inside the Rib Basket
- Role of accessory breathing musculature.
- Asymmetries of lungs.
- Movement/expansion of ribs.
- What allows for good inhalation and exhalation.
- What impedes good inhalation and exhalation.
- Lung/heart interrelation and movement.
Module 2 Structures List: Heart and Lungs
- Bones, muscles, and fascial connections relating to the following.
- Scalene muscles to 1st rib
- Intercostal muscles
- Pericardial sac
- Phrenic nerves
- Heart in situ
- Lungs in situ
- Pericardial sac relating to respiratory diaphragm
- Pulmonary veins, and arteries
- Left and Right main bronchus
Saturday, February 5th: 3:00 – 5:00 PM EST
Module 3 Concepts: Where Breathing Meets Walking
- How diaphragm drives breath movements.
- The use of intra-abdominal pressure
- Diaphragm relation to spinal stability
- Diaphragm relation to core stability
- Movement of organs created by action of breathing (via attachment of diaphragm, organs, etc.)
- How breathing influences global movement.
- The ‘cobra’ – the psoas-diaphragm partnership
Module 3 Structures List: Abdominal muscles, Digestive Organs, and Respiratory Diaphragm
- Abdominal musculature as a supportive group
- Digestive organs is situ relating to the respiratory diaphragm
- Evisceration of digestive system
- Kidney relationship to respiratory diaphragm in situ
- Evisceration of kidneys
- Crus of the respiratory diaphragm relating to abdominal aorta, psoas major muscle, and quadratus lumborum muscles
- Pelvic diaphragm as a barrier (single structure )
|Dates||Feb 4 – 5, 2022|
Friday, February 4th: 6:00 -8:00 PM EST
|Teacher(s)||Tom Myers, Todd Garcia|
|Tuition||Early bird price of $250 held until Jan. 31st at 11:59 PM EST / $375 thereafter|
|Credits Earned||6 CEUs NCBTMB, pending; 6 CEs NPCP: 0.6 CEs NASM, pending; 6 CEs IASI Cat 1|
|Cancellation Fee||For cancellations up to 24 hours before the start of the course, full tuition credit to applied towards a future workshop or product. Cancellations within 24 hours before the start of the course, no refunds.|
|Contact||Francesca or Jacinda|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.