Home / Anatomy Trains Store / Courses / Dissection Livestream with Tom Myers and Todd Garcia – Registration Closed
Dissection Livestream with Tom Myers and Todd Garcia – Registration Closed
Course is full.
- September 11 – 14, 2020
- Online course
- This course is intended for Online Course.
- Course Details
Thank you for your interest! Registration is now closed. We hope to see you in a future course.
Anatomy Trains and Laboratories of Anatomical Enlightenment are pleased to invite you to Dissection Livestream with Tom Myers and Todd Garcia: A Regional and Layered Journey Through the Human Body
A message from Tom: Unique times present unique opportunities. For ten years and more master dissector Todd Garcia and I have conducted dissections on untreated cadavers for students from multiple professions, coming from all over the world.
Being in the lab, doing the dissection yourself, making mistakes and learning from them, opening the wonder of the actual human body – it is a singularly spiritual, humbling, emotional, and intellectual voyage of discovery. I know it is not everyone’s cup of tea, but I have learned so much, year upon year, from submitting myself to this journey.
Therefore, we have been very reluctant to put it on video, reserving our classes to require your presence. And now that has changed. So we are too.
For all those who have wished to come and could not, for those who have come before and want to watch Todd work his craft with my commentary, we invite you to join us for a guided tour of the human body through Todd’s amazing skill and my connected myofascial and membrane mapping.
Real, lived anatomy is not like what you have seen in books. We have assembled the audiovisual equipment and planned the course to give you as close to the lived experience as we can – natural color, full range of motion, 3-D views, with applications to therapy and training.
You can join an individual module or sign up for the entire course. This experience will be delivered through Zoom webinar, with high quality audio and video, multiple perspectives, and time for questions.
This course is open to all bodywork professionals worldwide.
***Please note this program is for the intellectually mature and involves unfixed human cadaver images***
Important note: A requirement of this course is a signed participant agreement not to record or share any of the course. This is a requirement of the donor program, as well as our collective conscience in acting ethically. (You will find this online agreement with important registration details upon signing up).
In order to ensure all student agreements are obtained, attendance updated, and that course Zoom links are provided, registration will be CLOSED Thursday, September 10th at 8:00 PM Eastern Time, USA.
Course runs: Friday September 11, Saturday September 12, Sunday September 13, Monday September 14
10:00 AM -12:00 EST and 3PM – 5PM (if for any reason you cannot attend any live module, each session will be recorded for your later access for 48 hours)
Please note the time zone is Eastern Time in the United States. Please check your local time here: Time Zone Converter
Each module is 2 hours, and sometimes runs a little longer with questions at the end.
(Please note that the exact details covered will depend on the opportunities presented by the individuality of the donor.)
Note: each module title is a link that will take you to the purchase page for that module. You can choose to sign up for the full course or individual modules.
Friday, September 11
Module 1: 10 AM -12PM EDT – Introduction and Superficial layers
- Introductions, Tom: Anatomy Reconsidered
- Todd: Introduction to the instruments and lab
- Respect for the donor program
- Epidermis and exposure of superficial fascia layers
- Epidermis and extension
- Discussion: Hypodermis/Adipose
- Example of cutaneous nerves
- Fascia profundis
Module 2: 3-5 PM EDT – Fascial Properties, Directionality, Muscles
- Fascia profundis – where it is thick, where it is thin
- Directionality in fascia profundis and superficial muscles
- Discussion: Seeing the lines appear, continuity of profundis
- Delineating Latissimus, side-lying
- Identify and isolate muscles as possible within the time
- Fascial and functional relationships in the lateral ribs: Delineating latissimus, serratus, external oblique, the axillary space and the brachial plexus
Saturday, September 12
Module 3: 10 AM -12 PM EDT – Fascial Dissection of the Neck
- Antero-lateral dissection of neck
- Superficial Cylinder of the Neck: SCM, Trapezius, and fascia
- Omohyoid, Carotid Artery, Jugular Vein
- Vagus Nerve
- Scalenes and proximal brachial plexus
- Cylinders of the neck
- Trapezius and rhomboids
Module 4: 3-5 PM EDT- Fascial Dissection of the Arms and Lower Leg
- Brachial Plexus exposed
- Pectoralis minor
- Discussion: Anatomy Train Arm Lines
- Dissection of lower arm
- Expose compartments in lower leg
- Intro to plantar fascia, superficial adipose layer
- Plantar fascia
- Discussion: Anatomy Trains lines in the lower leg
Sunday, September 13
Module 5: 10 AM -12PM EDT – Fascial Dissection of the Hip
- Posterior hip dissection
- Gluteus maximus
- Sciatic nerve
- Deep lateral rotators: piriformis and OI
- Posterior ligaments
- Anterior hip dissection
- Sartorius, TFL, Rectus femoris
- Adductors, hip movement
- Femoral triangle and lower iliopsoas complex
- Inguinal loop to testicle
- Discussion: “Horizontalising” the pelvis
Module 6: 3-5PM EDT – Fascial Dissection of the Abdomen and Viscera
- Abdominals demo: EO, IO, TvA
- Rectus and rectus sheath
- Abdominals resection
- Omentum and organs in situ
- Hepatic ligaments
- Lesser omentum, greater and lesser curvatures
- Trace large and small intestine
- Discuss adhesions
- Organ attachments
- Kidneys and retroperitoneal vessels
- Psoas complex
- Iliac fascia, iliolumbar ligament
- Connection to diaphragm
Monday, September 14
Module 7: 10 AM -12AM EDT – Fascial Dissection of Pelvic floor, Heart, Lungs, Thorax
- Pelvic floor demo
- Opening the thorax, sternum and costochondral breastplate
- Heart and lungs in situ, pleura
- Adhesions if presented
- Mediastinum, vagus nerve
- Expose the heart, valves, arch
- Discussion: breath
- Esophagus, thoracic outlet
- Autonomic ganglia
- Clean anterior spine to anterior longitudinal ligament if time permits
Module 8: 3-5PM EDT – Fascial Dissection of Skull, Spine, Brain
- Posterior neck dissection
- Subocciptal star
- Skull, spine and brain
- Spinal cord, cauda equina
- Floor of mouth, TMJ, jaw muscles if time permits
- Hip joint, head of femur, ligamentum teres
- Knee joint – ACL, meniscus
Tom and Todd have worked together on Fascial Dissection projects for the last 16 years to build an extraordinary educational program which is both serious and reverent, holistic and practical, and uniquely eye-opening for those who had to learn their anatomy from books.
Translating the in-class experience online has been our principal concern, and we are happy to say our initial livestream courses exceeded even our own high expectations. Look over Todd’s shoulder as his consummate skill unfolds the miracle of the body, coupled with Tom’s wide-ranging commentary drawn from fascial research, evolution, embryology, and 45 years of a wide-ranging manual and movement therapy practice.
Therefore we are excited to present this to you through a livestream webinar. Enjoy this clip of Tom and Todd discussing their work together:
Like so many others recently, we have been providing live webinar courses to keep connection in the manual therapy and movement communities during this odd hiatus in our collective work. We appreciate being given the opportunity to help you, and thank you for using this time to further your education with experiences you may not have been able to pursue previously.
We sincerely hope you can join us on this unique experience which is arising out of this unprecedented time.
|Dates||Sep 11 – 14, 2020|
Friday, September 11
Module 1: 10 AM -12 PM EDT Introduction and Superficial layers
Module 2: 3-5 PM EDT Fascial Properties, Directionality, Muscles
Saturday, September 12
Module 3: 10 AM -12 PM EDT Fascial Dissection of the Neck
Module 4: 3-5 PM EDT Fascial Dissection of the Arms and Lower leg
Sunday, September 13
Module 5: 10 AM -12 PM EDT Fascial Dissection of the Hip
Module 6: 3-5PM EDT Fascial Dissection of the Abdomen and Viscera
Monday, September 14
Module 7: 10 AM-12 PM EDT Fascial Dissection of Pelvic floor, Heart, Lungs, Thorax
Module 8: 3-5PM EDT Fascial Dissection of Skull, Spine, Brain
|Teacher(s)||Tom Myers, Todd Garcia|
|Tuition||$500 full course or $80 per module|
|Credits Earned||16 CEs NCBTMB; 16 CECs NPCP (PMA); 16 Category 1 CEs IASI; 1.6 CEUs NASM|
|Cancellation Fee||For cancellations up to 24 hours before the start of the course, full tuition credit to applied towards a future workshop or product. Cancellations within 24 hours before the start of the course, no refunds.|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.