Deeper Ground: Restoration and Vitality for the Female Pelvis with Tom Myers
18 spots left
- Course Details
Early bird price of $450 held until July 7, 2021. $550 thereafter.
Note: this course is intended for manual therapists.
Explore the rich depths of the pelvis with bodywork, movement, and self-experience, with Anatomy Trains author Tom Myers. The pelvis is the cradle of life – learn to navigate this foundational area with confidence.
Proper pelvic balance is vital to health of the spine, organs, and sexual expression – a big part of ‘emotional intelligence’. Sexual trauma, the wounds of childbirth, and the challenges of pelvic surgery are our primary focus. (Note: most of the techniques in this workshop also apply to men. There is no teaching or practicing internal work in this course.)
Learn to ‘midwife’ more balance and openness in the muscles close to the hip joint, the pelvic floor, and low back through movements, stretch, and manual therapy techniques.
This workshop covers:
- Pelvic types in treatment
- The balance of pelvic ligaments
- The muscular vs the fascial pelvic floor in ‘core support’
- Organ attachments and pelvic pain
- Recovery from birth events
- Overview of the psoas complex, deep lateral rotators, and adductor group
- Applications to yoga, bodywork, strengthening, and breath
Anatomy Trains Covid-19 Compliance Policy for in-person courses, Summer Program in Maine 2021.
Thank you for your interest in attending Anatomy Trains’ inspiring summer program. We have been running infection free manual therapy certification programs in Structural Integration in 2020/21, and our intention is to continue to provide a safe and healthy experience for students, teachers, and all involved, following Maine CDC and DHHS guidelines. Maine currently has the highest percentage of population vaccinated, and the lowest COVID infection rate in the United States. To continue to reduce the risk of infection we are requiring all students to provide proof of vaccination as a prerequisite to attend our 2021 Maine based summer program. As of May 24th, 2021, Maine no longer requires vaccinated individuals to wear masks indoors.
Further details will be provided upon registration. You may request a copy of our Covid-19 student waiver in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We want you to feel safe and comfortable attending our classes this summer. We have some general guidelines in place to ensure student and community safety as we happily gather again for in-person courses.
- Anatomy Trains will comply with all local public health guidelines in place at the time of class
- Anatomy Trains will require proof of vaccination against Covid-19 for all students and teachers
- Students will be asked to comply with a brief health screening before entering the classroom
- Persons with confirmed or suspected cases of Covid-19 will not be admitted to the classroom and / or asked to leave and quarantine
- We reserve the right to implement for further measures to ensure the safety of our staff and participants
- We reserve the right in our discretion to cancel any event, even if not required by local or national public health authorities
|Dates||Aug 7 – 8, 2021|
|Location||Walpole, ME, USA|
|Venue||Anatomy Trains Classroom|
|Address||180 Clark's Cove RD|
Walpole, ME, USA
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day (1 hr for lunch)
|Tuition||$450 / $550 after July 7, 2021|
|Credits Earned||14 CEs NCBTMB, pending; 14 CEs IASI; 14 CECs NPCP|
|Cancellation Fee||Up to 30 days prior, full refund less $100 admin fee; less than 30 days prior, nonrefundable.|
or live chat on our website
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.