Home / Anatomy Trains Store / Courses / Deep Dive into the Joints: Dissection Livestream Specialty Class
Deep Dive into the Joints: Dissection Livestream Specialty Class
Course is full.
- December 4 – 4, 2022
- Online course
- This course is intended for Online Course.
- Course Details
Thank you for your interest! Registration for this course is now closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please join us for this unique Dissection Livestream event, Deep Dive into the Joints, with Anatomy Trains author Tom Myers, and Master Dissector Todd Garcia.
Our dissections are done live, on donors who have not been ‘fixed’ with chemicals. Therefore the colors and movement of the structures we will see on this voyage of discovery are as natural and lifelike as possible.
This course will be provided over zoom webinar with multiple camera views, live chat and Q&A. Recordings will be provided via password protected streaming access for 5 days. This special dissection livestream format allows us to go more deeply into the relationships and applications to multiple manual and movement modalities, from athletic training to trauma resolution to osteopathy.
Sunday, December 4, 2022
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM EST
- Joints ensemble: ‘the organ system of movement
• Three types of joints and their properties
- Terminology twists: Van der Wal’s ‘Dynaments’ and Myers’ ‘Teno-cartilaginous’ joints
- Shifts in skin and superficial fascial layers near the joint
- Both Sides Now: Musculo-tendinous support for joint stability
- Joint capsules, surfaces, synovia, and internal joint architecture
- Diverse practice applications and Anatomy Trains continuities
(Please note: Each module contains our “wish list” of structures, and we generally score over 90%). Our journey is always subject to the individual particulars of the donor, which can also contribute to our understanding of degenerative disease.)
- Sagittal suture
- Coronal suture
- Lambdoid suture
- Temporomandibular joint
- Occipital bone to Atlas ( C 1 )
- Atlantoaxial joint (Lateral)
- Glenohumeral joint (Glenoid cavity & Head of humerus)
- Elbow joint (Capitulum & Trochlea of humerus, Head of Radius & Trochlear notch of Ulna)
- Wrist joint (Lunate & Scaphoid of carpals)
- Hip joint (Head of Femur, Coxal Bone/Acetabulum, Acetabular labrum)
- Sacroiliac joint
- Pubic symphysis
- Knee joint (Patella, articular surface, Medial & Lateral condyle of femur/articular surface, Tibial articular surface medial & lateral). Anterior & Posterior Cruciate ligaments, Lateral & Medial Meniscus
- Ankle joint (Tibia to Talus, & Fibula to Talus)
|Dates||Dec 4 – 4, 2022|
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM EST
|Teacher(s)||Tom Myers, Todd Garcia|
|Credits Earned||3 CEUs NCBTMB, pending; 3 CEs NPCP, pending; 0.3 CEs NASM, pending; 3 CEs IASI Cat 1|
|Cancellation Fee||For cancellations up to 24 hours before the start of the course, full tuition credit to applied towards a future workshop or product. Cancellations within 24 hours before the start of the course, no refunds.|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.