IMTA Members €195 and non members €245
- April 13 – 13, 2019
- Mullingar, Ireland
- This course is intended for Manual Therapists & Movement Professionals.
- Course Details
ALL NEW! Take your postural assessment skills to the next level!
Ida Rolf said, “seeing is touch at a distance”. Understanding skeletal relationships within the body is the first step in helping our clients unwind movement and postural patterns that are causing pain, dysfunction and keeping them from optimal movement. “Touch is seeing up close” being able to accurately palpate bones to determine relationships is key in our ability to accurately describe those relationships.
101: This one day workshop explores relational anatomy and helps build your seeing and palpation skills to determine skeletal patterns and how they interact in the body. Learn the language of BodyReading, tilt, bend, shift and rotate to accurately describe the geometry of the body in a way your client can understand. Assess common postural patterns in all planes of motion. Skills learned today can be immediately used with your clients tomorrow. This is a must for any practitioner in movement and bodywork and will help take your practice to the next level.
“Where you think it is, it ain’t!” – Ida Rolf
Learn how the problem can be very distant from the area of pain.
This workshop covers:
- How the meridians can hold a postural pattern and be influenced by skeletal alignment.
- Concentric and eccentric loading and the forces that shape our body
- Basic functional assessments to see what is moving, what isn’t and what may be moving too much!
- How a local restriction can have a global impact
- How to document your findings
|Dates||Apr 13 – 13, 2019|
|Venue||Bloomfield House Hotel|
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
|Tuition||IMTA Members €195 and non members €245|
|Cancellation Fee||30% non refundable if cancelling with less than 7 days notice|
|Contact||Alana Digan, Irish Massage Therapists Association, +353 86 377 3801 |
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.