ATSI Advanced Module 4: The Upper Pole – Techniques for Skull, Jaw, Neck
Course is full.
- August 27 – 30, 2021
- Walpole, ME, USA
- This course is intended for Courses for Structural Integrators.
- Course Details
Early bird price of $750 held until July 27, 2021. $850 thereafter.
Advanced Assessment, Strategy, and Techniques for the Skull, Jaw, Neck and Spine
Presented by Tom Myers
This 4-day intensive is the final of the 4 modules (followed by a practicum) required for ATSI Advanced certification. This course will cover advanced techniques for optimal positioning of the head, neck, jaw, and spine.
In this course, we review the library of techniques including approaches you learned in basic training for the various layers and muscles of the motor cylinder of the neck. This course includes a more exacting exploration of the sub-occipital muscles including obliquus capitis superior, rectus capitis, lateralis, and rectus capitis anterior.
This course includes a more detailed exploration the hyoid and glossal (tongue) complex, and how it relates to swallowing and speaking difficulties, as well as new detail on TMJ and related syndromes for the intra-oral and intra-nasal work. Included are structural approaches to cranial dysfunction, to balance the cranial and the visceral skeleton.
Finally, we will expand the repertoire of techniques and approaches to the spine.
This course is open to ATSI graduates, IASI members, or graduates of a recognized program in Structural Integration only.
This is Module 4 of 4 modules in the ATSI Advanced Series. These are based on the 4-series that Tom has developed since learning them from Ida Rolf in 1978. Each of the modules covers one session – this module is for the torso / breath session.
• Session 1 (and Module 1) covers pelvis and legs strategies, ligaments and deep structures
• Session 2 covers the breath, rib cage positioning, and deep work with the sternum, mediastinum, and individual ribs.
• Session 3 is for the shoulders and arms, especially the many ligaments and deep structures of the shoulder assembly.
• Session 4 is a deeper exploration of the head, neck, and jaw, including the hyoid system and tongue, the ligaments of the neck, and structural / cranial work.
These sessions are designed to go deeper to the ‘inner bag’ compared the initial 12-series that tours the entire ‘outer bag’ – the myofascial meridians. These sessions focus on techniques for the Anatomy Trains ‘stations’ – myotendinous attachments – and release of the ligamentous bed for each section. In these modules you can also review techniques from the original series.
The first four modules can be taken in any order, but these 4 modules / sessions must be completed before the 5th module – session-based clinical practice – can be taken to achieve ‘Advanced ATSI Practitioner’ status. We will offer new modules when our schedule permits and where there is sufficient interest.
Anatomy Trains Covid-19 Compliance Policy for in-person courses, Summer Program in Maine 2021.
Thank you for your interest in attending Anatomy Trains’ inspiring summer program. We have been running infection free manual therapy certification programs in Structural Integration in 2020/21, and our intention is to continue to provide a safe and healthy experience for students, teachers, and all involved, following Maine CDC and DHHS guidelines. Maine currently has the highest percentage of population vaccinated, and the lowest COVID infection rate in the United States. To continue to reduce the risk of infection we are requiring all students to provide proof of vaccination as a prerequisite to attend our 2021 Maine based summer program.
Further details will be provided upon registration. You may request a copy of our Covid-19 student waiver in advance by emailing email@example.com
We want you to feel safe and comfortable attending our classes this summer. We have some general guidelines in place to ensure student and community safety as we happily gather again for in-person courses.
- Anatomy Trains will comply with all local public health guidelines in place at the time of class
- Anatomy Trains will require proof of vaccination against Covid-19 for all students and teachers
- Students will be asked to comply with a brief health screening before entering the classroom
- Persons with confirmed or suspected cases of Covid-19 will not be admitted to the classroom and / or asked to leave and quarantine
- We reserve the right to implement for further measures to ensure the safety of our staff and participants
- We reserve the right in our discretion to cancel any event, even if not required by local or national public health authorities
|Dates||Aug 27 – 30, 2021|
|Location||Walpole, ME, USA|
|Venue||Anatomy Trains Classroom|
|Address||180 Clark's Cove RD|
Walpole, ME, 04573
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day (1 hr for lunch)
|Tuition||$750 / $850 after July 27, 2021|
|Credits Earned||28 CEs IASI - cat 1; 28 CEs NCBTMB|
|Cancellation Fee||Up to 30 days prior, full refund less $100 admin fee; less than 30 days prior, nonrefundable.|
or live chat on our website
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.