Anatomy Trains in Structure and Function
€695,00 until November 17th, €795,00 after
- December 17 – 19, 2021
- Athens, Greece
- This course is intended for Courses with Tom Myers.
- Course Details
Note: Course is conducted in English with Greek translation
Take a giant step forward in your ability to see, feel, and work with your clients
In 400 years of anatomy, no one has yet charted the fascial connections – until Anatomy Trains. Anatomy as we all learned it – origin, insertion, and action – is only part of the picture, Anatomy Trains is a revolutionary map that gives practical results in dealing with chronic problems.
This course covers:
- Fascial Tensegrity: Learn the importance and properties of fascial tissue, as well as the function of the whole fascial system applied to training, body learning, stretching, elasticity, deep healing and longevity.
- Anatomy Trains: Trace and understand the function of all 12 myofascial meridians that govern the stability / mobility equation in each of us
- BodyReading Visual Assessment – Expand your ability to assess global postural and movement relationships accurately to attain the best strategy. See how trouble in one area is really sourced from a compensation far from the site of pain.
- Fascial Release Techniques – two dozen innovative movement and manual therapy techniques to create lasting fascial change with your hands.
- Emotional Integration: Hear the latest research on body and emotions, including a discussion of the vagus system, interoception, and the phenomenon of ‘trauma’.
Whatever your mode of working with the body, come learn about fascia’s many roles in the body. Anatomy Trains has explanatory power
- for yoga and Pilates teachers seeking to understand how progressive stretch and strength moves through the layers of your fascial being
- for physiotherapists who want to create the best conditions for local work to be successfully integrated into recovery; for dancers to see and create easy and graceful movement
- for manual therapists of all kinds to deepen their vision and hands-on work
This workshop has been updated over the pandemic time with new images to include a variety of concepts across modalities to maximise structural alignment, functional efficiency, and developmental maturity.
This course is open to manual and movement therapists of all modalities, including psychotherapists, doulas and midwives, osteopaths, and rehabilitation specialists – as well as those in massage, movement, yoga, physiotherapy, or athletic training.
Note: A certificate will be provided for those who successfully complete this course. This course is the official pre-requisite for the Anatomy Trains Structural Integration Professional Certification. Those who qualify can apply to the next level of our training: Structural Essentials.
Anatomy Trains Structural Essentials Program
Functional, Fascial and Structural approaches in one program
- Understand how the body really moves,
- Break the myths of anatomy and physiology
- And learn to make the appropriate changes to maximize efficiency.
If you like the Anatomy Trains approach, continue your journey with the Structural Essentials Series. These regional intensives combine global postural assessment with movement and manual techniques for efficient and long-lasting results. Each of the 6 SE classes is based on consistent functional movement concepts, applied to everyday living and our new understanding of myofascial efficiency and whole body response. Important research findings are integrated into the presentations, along with easy-to-use assessments and applications that can be used for clients on your next day in clinic.
Designed for the busy manual therapist, the SE workshops are most easily absorbed in the order outlined below but you can do them in any order as time permits.
- Arches and the Legs – 3 days
- Fans of the Hip – 2 ½ days
- Abdomen, Chest and Breath – 2 ½ days
- Tensegrity Spine – 2 days
- Shoulders & Arms – 2 days
- Head, Neck & Jaw – 2 days
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.