Home / Anatomy Trains Store / Courses / Anatomy Trains in Motion – POSTPONED, NEW DATES FORTHCOMING
Anatomy Trains in Motion – POSTPONED, NEW DATES FORTHCOMING
Course is full.
- May 1 – 3, 2020
- Denver, CO, USA
- This course is intended for Movement Professionals.
- Course Details
Due to the ongoing health concerns around Covid-19, this class will be rescheduled. We will update this listing as soon as we have the new dates and will look forward to seeing you in class at a later date.
For specific questions about this course, please contact our Educational Programs Director Stephanie Stoy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-917-3072.
Anatomy Trains in Motion is an in-depth 3-day course for movement and bodywork professionals who love integral anatomy and body-minded exercise applications that relate to real-life in all of its dimensions.
This resource-oriented education focuses on the qualities of Thomas W. Myers’ Anatomy Trains concept that enhance everyday functionality and vitality as well as somatic resourcefulness; therefore self-healing.
The integral anatomy of the myofascial meridians is explained in interactive lectures and experienced through body-minded movement applications. For a clear comprehension of the structural and functional aspects, anatomical structures are discussed individually and as part of a myofascial meridian that shapes posture, movement and how we feel about the body.
To further connect anatomy and function, science-informed fascial qualities are exemplified and embodied with deliberate exercise examples throughout the course. In a unique way, Anatomy Trains in Motion directly links the anatomy of the myofascial meridians with the essential events of walking and body-minded movement training.
Because we want to foster independent thinking and individualized learning, we encourage an inquisitive mind and facilitate understanding through movement explorations.
Concluding the course, you will have a clear understanding of why the myofascial meridians are defined the way they are and why the Anatomy Trains concept is of immense value for all body-minded movement methods that aim for structural integrity.
Anatomy Trains in Motion is a self-contained course that is also the first module of the Slings Myofascial Training® diploma education.
Learning Objectives and Goals
As a result of taking this course, you will:
- Have a deeper understanding of the value of the Anatomy Trains concept as an integral body map for movement.
- Understand and experience the map of the main myofascial tracks and bony stations of the Superficial Back Line,
- Superficial Front Line, Lateral Line and Spiral Line.
- Understand the course and experience the workings of the Deep Front Line, Front Arm Lines, Back Arm Lines, Back Functional Line, Front Functional Line and Ipsilateral Functional Line.
- Understand the overall postural and movement functions as well as sensory qualities of the myofascial meridians.
- Have essential knowledge of the interplay of muscles and fascia in motion.
- Understand functional aspects of the myofascial meridians and ways to improve them with a fascia-focussed movement training.
Distinguishing Course Features
Eight features that make Anatomy Trains in Motion (ATiM) unique:
- Body-minded movement perspective: The anatomy of the myofascial meridians is explained through the lens of body-minded movement and somatically oriented learning.
- Linking anatomy, gait, holistic training: The course structure directly links the anatomy of the myofascial meridians with the essential events of walking and body-minded movement training.
- Differentiated integration: Individual anatomical structures are discussed in detail and as part of the myofascial meridians that shape posture, movement and how we feel about the body.
- Proprioception and interoception equated: Proprioception (how we coordinate posture and movement) and interoception (how we feel about our posture and movements) are equally valued and considered.
- Science-informed embodiment: Science-informed fascial qualities and functional movement applications are discussed in interactive lectures and embodied with deliberate body-minded exercise examples.
- Resource-oriented approach: Aspects of the Anatomy Trains concept that enhance functionality are used as a tool to strengthen vitality and somatic resourcefulness; therefore self-healing.
- Guided by ATSI protocol: The philosophy and strategies of the Anatomy Trains Structural Integration bodywork concept are reflected in the organization of the ATiM course.
- Part of a diploma education: ATiM is a self-contained course that is also the first module of the Slings Myofascial Training® diploma education.
Note: Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received final confirmation that the workshop is running.
|Dates||May 1 – 3, 2020|
|Location||Denver, CO, USA|
|Venue||Move Studios Denver|
|Address||40 S. Broadway, #201|
Denver, CO 80209
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day
|Tuition||$550 / $650 after March 6, 2020|
|Credits Earned||21 CEs NCBTMB; 21 CECs PMA; 1.9 CEUs NASM; 21 CEs IASI Cat 1|
|Cancellation Fee||Up to 8 weeks prior, full refund less $100 admin fee; Less than 8 weeks and up to 4 weeks prior 50% refund; less than 30 days prior nonrefundable|
|Contact||Francesca or Becky|
(Toll Free) 888-546-3747 (Alt) 207-563-7121
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.