Home / Anatomy Trains Store / Courses / Anatomy Trains II
Anatomy Trains II
- August 30 – 31, 2015
- Espoo, Finland
- This course is intended for Manual Therapists & Movement Professionals.
- Course Details
Learn to see and correct the myofascial patterns of the body. By building on the BodyReading skills developed in Anatomy Trains you will learn to interpret movement and postural patterns. We all want to have a 3-dimensional vision of the body and this workshop is the first step towards establishing those skills for your self.
We will teach you to reliably connect with the fascial tissues, the many ways in which you can mobilize them and, most importantly, the reasons why you would do it and when. Each of the techniques will be presented in the context of their structural and functional influences making this a unique workshop that will lead you to the deeper skills explored through the rest of the series.
New theory will be introduced based on the synthesis of Robert Schleip on how we can affect the fascia through stimulating different mechanoreceptors and we will draw from the approaches of many of the top researchers and practitioners from across the worlds of fascial manipulation and functional anatomy.
The FRSB series of workshops will give you the latest research information and put it in a useable context, making sure that we can be maximally effective in our application of fascial release. The world of myofascial anatomy is quickly expanding and we aim to keep you up to date if not ahead of the curve!concepts of ‘cylinders’ to the BodyReading and use it to look at the trunk in particular.
- Review of the AT lines in static posture and introduces more functional movement assessment.
- Builds on the skills and knowledge of the first Anatomy Trains by developing Fascial Touch skills
- Learn to utilize the power of the DASIE model
- BodyReading areas in detail, making you ready to explore the body through the FRSB series
- More movement analysis will be utilized to further aid the vision of the fascial layers gliding and the roles of the ‘locals’ and expresses’.
- We will add the concepts of ‘cylinders’ to the BodyReading and use it to look at the trunk in particular
- To give more familiarity to the use of Bend, Tilt, Shift, Rotate and how they relate to the body positioning along with developing Fascial Touch Skills.
- To relate the BodyReading to Fascial Release principles of assisted and resisted releases, movement of planes of tissue, separation/differentiation of planes, relaxation of tension and using Schleip’s mechanoreceptor model to communicate different intents.
- To relate global and local tensegrity – expresses vs locals – AT lines vs single muscles, and to understand the necessity of balancing locally as well as the overall posture.
This will relate to the forthcoming FRSB series of regional workshops that will follow the locals more closely.
- Illustrated lecture
- Open inquiry atmosphere; questions encouraged; high degree of vitality and humour
- Participants will exchange palpation and practice BodyReading (visual assessment) on one another under supervised analysis of instructor and assistants.
Much more research will be referenced showing the roles of fascia in the body, making this an up to date and highly effective skill building workshop
|Dates||Aug 30 – 31, 2015|
|Venue||Keilaranta 8, Espoo|
09.00 – 17.30 each day
|Credits Earned||14 CEs|
|Cancellation Fee||If cancelled less than 30 days before, half of the workshop price is required. If cancelled less than 15 days before, full workshop price is required. If cancelled on the workshop date, full payment is required.|
+358 45 195 1141 / +358 40 747 7474
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.