Home / Anatomy Trains Store / Courses / Anatomy Trains I
Anatomy Trains I
£650 (Combined ATI&ATII)
- January 30 – 31, 2016
- Weston on the Green, Oxfordshire, UK
- This course is intended for Manual Therapists & Movement Professionals.
- Course Details
Learn about the myofascial tissue and its role in the body, see it in context and how it is interdependent with the other body systems. From there we begin to see how the body incorporates the Anatomy Train Lines to create easy and graceful movement – provided they are in some form of balance and harmony; restriction or weakness in one can have many knock effects.
The purpose of this workshop is to introduce you to the first four main lines – Superficial Front and Back, Lateral and Spiral. For each of the lines we will teach you a range of movement assessments and learn the basics of Fascial Release Technique.
This is the first workshop to combine Anatomy Trains theory alongside structural and functional anatomy and analysis, blending together the concepts of tensegrity with elastic recoil for movement efficiency. We will address differential diagnosis to help identify for motor control or soft tissue restrictions and where they may be coming from.
This is an exciting and fun workshop delivered with clarity and with your practice in mind – you will have useful and usable skills by the end of the two days.
- Introduce the AT lines in static posture and introduces functional movement assessment.
- Understand many of the roles of the fascial tissues in the body
- Introduce Tom Myers’ unique style of BodyReading, letting you clearly see skeletal relationships using the vocabulary of Bend, Tilt, Shift, and Rotate.
- To be able to see and understand the distal influences through the body – how does the shoulder relate to the opposite foot? – and why we need to assess the whole body if we are to make a lasting change
- Learn to accurately palpate fascial areas through feeling different qualities of tissue
- BodyReading areas in detail, making you ready to explore the body through the FRSB series
- Movement analysis will be utilised to further aid the vision of the fascial layers gliding.
- To relate global and local tensegrity – expresses versus locals – AT lines versus single muscles – and to understand the necessity of balancing locally as well as the overall posture.
This will relate to the forthcoming FRSB series of regional workshops that will follow the locals more closely.
- Illustrated lecture
- Open inquiry atmosphere; questions encouraged; high degree of vitality and humour
- Participants will exchange palpation and practice BodyReading (visual assessment) on one another under supervised analysis of instructor and assistants.
Much more research will be referenced showing the roles of fascia in the body, making this an up-to-date and highly effective skill-building workshop.
|Dates||Jan 30 – 31, 2016|
|Location||Weston on the Green, Oxfordshire, UK|
|Venue||Weston-on-the-Green Memorial Village Hall|
|Address||Weston on the Green, Oxfordshire, UK|
9:00am – 5:30pm each day
|Tuition||£650 Combined (ATI&ATII) / £585 (ATI&ATII) before 13 November 2015|
|Credits Earned||28 CEs Combined AT I & II|
|Cancellation Fee||Deposit - 50%|
Cancellation more than 4 weeks before - full refund less an admin fee of £25
Cancellation 2-4 weeks before - deposit transferable to another Anatomy Trains UK workshop minus £25 admin fee
Cancellation less tan 2 weeks before - no refund
Where full payment has been made, the above applies to the deposit amount only.
The difference between the deposit and the amount paid (less any admin fee applicable) will be refunded.
+44 (0) 28 9058 0764
|Notes||Anatomy Trains I: 30-31 January 2016|
Anatomy Trains II: 5-6 March 2016
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.