Anatomy Trains 2-Day Dissection Immersion
- Course Details
For Manual Therapists and Movement Professionals
The new 2-day Anatomy Trains Dissection course introduces you to what actually goes on under the skin, contrasted with what you see in anatomy books. ‘Autopsy’ means ‘see for yourself’ – come see for yourself how the body really looks, feels and moves. The emphasis is on fascia and movement, but we expose nerves, muscles, joints, and organs as well.
This course circulates among three stations:
• Anatomy Trains author Tom Myers demonstrates fascial layering, glide, and force transmission, as well as properties of viscosity, elasticity, plasticity, scarring, and remodeling.
• Master Dissector and dissection laboratory director Todd Garcia demonstrating superb dissection technique on the body’s organ systems and complexes.
• Practice your own dissection project, get to know the tools and procedures, and see what you came to see with Anatomy Trains Certified teachers Lauri Nemetz and Holly Clemens.
This course is suitable as an introduction to our more comprehensive 5-day fascial dissections, or as a refresher for those who have already taken the 5-day.
Unique features of this course:
• Untreated cadavers – no smelly chemistry, full articular range-of-motion
• You work yourself, it’s not just show-and-tell by experts
• Tom Myers’ singular take on body systems and movement
• Todd Garcia’s dissection skills and openness to anatomical discovery
• Fully supportive somato-emotional atmosphere
9:00 am – 11:00 am – Orientation to the lab and equipment
11:00 am – 1:00 pm – Skin and Subcutaneous layers dissection
Lymph chains and nodes
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Fascia profunda – the ‘unitard’
4:00 pm – 5:30 pm – Resecting muscles, part 1
Show and tell on projects
9:00 am -9:30 am – Orientation to Day 2 procedures
9:30 am – 11:30 am – muscle separation and resection
11:30 am – 12:30 pm – Hip and shoulder exposure
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm – Spinal muscle and pattern exposure
3:30 pm – 5:00 pm – Special projects: Joints, organs, retroperitoneal space
5:00 pm – 5:30 pm – Clean up and conclusion
|Dates||Oct 20 – 21, 2018|
|Location||Boulder, CO, USA|
|Venue||Laboratory for Anatomical Enlightenment|
|Address||311 Mapleton Ave|
Boulder, CO 80304
The lab is located on the north side of the building (Boulder Center for Sports Medicine).
9:00 am – 5:30 pm each day
|Teacher(s)||Tom Myers, Lauri Nemetz, Holly Clemens|
|Credits Earned||15 CEs NCBTMB and IASI Cat 1; 15 CECs PMA, pending|
|Cancellation Fee||Tuition includes a $250 non-refundable deposit. 50% refund for cancellation up to August 20th. Due to our investment in the donor cadavers, tuition is non-refundable after August 20th.|
|Contact||Anatomy Trains Office|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.