CARRIE GAYNOR — RN, BCSI℠, ERYT 500, CFST, FAFS
“ Carrie, aka “the space maker,” has been working with the body and its relationship to gravity for over 30 years.”
I am dedicated to helping people move well and be well. I create a space for healing, a space to be heard, a space in which your body can open to its full potential. Healing requires cutting-edge knowledge, wise hands, and an ability to see issues at a glance. I embody all of these qualities and bring kindness, compassion, and humor to our sessions.
I’m a licensed nurse, a structural integration practitioner, a movement educator, a yoga instructor, a teacher, a scholar, and—for more than 25 years—owner of Modern Nature Bodyworks in Rochester, NY. From my unusual life experience—ranging from trouble-shooting radar systems for the army to nursing to 1:1 bodywork with hundreds of clients—I have developed a unique perspective of the human body as a functioning whole.
I believe healing takes place when the therapist helps the client integrate the body’s structures and re-educate it to move more freely. I use bodywork and movement to help my clients to transform limitations, rehabilitate trauma and reintegrate after injury. As a result, they leave their sessions feeling more free and easy in their bodies.
Carrie’s Education, Certifications, & Professional Memberships:
- BS in Nursing, University of Rochester, 1993
- E-RYT 500 Esther Myers Yoga Teacher Certification, 2000
- Anatomy Trains Structural Integration Certification, 2004
- Certified Teacher of Anatomy Trains courses, 2008
- TriYoga Certification: Basics, 2003 / Level 1, 2009
- Board Certified Structural Integrator, 2010
- Fascial Stretch Therapy: Level 1, 2012 / Level 2, 2015
- Certified Fascial Fitness Trainer, 2012
- Fellow of Applied Functional Science, 2018
- Certified 3DMAPS (3D Movement Assessment and Performance System), 2019
- Certification Board for Structural Integration
- International Association of Structural Integrators
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- Member of International Association of Structural Integrators
- Member of Fascial Research Society
- International Association of Structural Integration Yearbook – several articles
- The Myofascial System in Form and Movement (Lauri Nemetz, Handspring Publishing, 2022) Contributor