Tom Myers Movement Immersion
10 spots left
- Course Details
This small group intensive allows a deep exploration of your particular movement patterns, as well as the chance to explore movement as a physiological event. See how whole body systems interact. Develop your ability to visually assess posture, gait, & functional movement. Explore tools from Tom’s encounters with Feldenkrais and developmental movement sequences. This class has a lot to offer any teacher of movement – awareness based, health-based, or performance-based.
Max capacity: 12 students.
The activities during the 3 days varies with each group, but will include
- lectures on re-visioning our body’s anatomy holistically, including the fascial fabric’s role in development, training, and movement.
- carrying this knowledge into practical assessment (BodyReading)
- building strategic tools (touch and verbal cuing) for general health, alignment/posture, gait, functional movement, intention
- understanding injury and injury repair in fascial terms
- a section on breath enhancement
- exploration of developmental movement patterns and their basis for more adult patterning
- somato-psychology – stress, distress, eustress, and the expression of emotion, trauma, and retraction in movement
Because this is a small group, we will be able to provide 1 x 1 assessments for each of you in depth over the 3 days. The aim is to reach a bit deeper toward our purpose in moving – what are you moving towards?
Course includes two exclusive dinners with Tom Myers.
|Dates||Jul 27 – 29, 2020|
|Location||Walpole, ME, USA|
|Venue||Anatomy Trains Classroom|
|Address||180 Clark's Cove RD|
Walpole, ME, 04573
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day (1 hr for lunch)
Dinner times TBA
|Credits Earned||21 CECs PMA; 1.9 CEUs NASM|
|Cancellation Fee||Up to 8 weeks prior, full refund less $100 admin fee; Less than 8 weeks and up to 4 weeks prior 50% refund; less than 30 days prior nonrefundable|
|Contact||Becky or Francesca|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.