Mastering the Art of Teaching with Tom Myers
- Course Details
“Education is not the filling of a bucket, but the lighting of a fire.” Plutarch.
Please join Anatomy Trains author Tom Myers in his brand new course “Mastering the Art of Teaching.” Drawing from over 40 years of experience as a writer and teacher of human anatomy, Tom is well known worldwide as a teacher who sparks curiosity and inspiration. Tom invites students to reconsider conventional wisdom and shape different questions. How do we stay awake and alive through a sustained career of teaching? Glean essential tips for not getting stale.
In this course you will learn:
- Practices to tune your speaking voice for a depth and range of listeners
- How to prepare a room for optimal learning
- How to move and use your physicality to deliver a message
- How to read a room and keep the “energetic ball” in the air
- How to layer learning and concepts
- How to keep all ranges of students engaged, from the beginner to the expert
- How to handle bullies and ‘experts’
- How to teach optimally in translation
- How to weave an engaging story that captivates and inspires
Intended for teaching professionals of all backgrounds.
|Dates||Jul 20 – 22, 2020|
|Location||Walpole, ME, USA|
|Venue||Anatomy Trains Classroom|
|Address||180 Clark's Cove RD|
Walpole, ME, 04573 USA
9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day (1 hr for lunch)
|Tuition||$550 / $650 after May 1, 2020|
|Credits Earned||21 CEs IASI Cat. 2|
|Cancellation Fee||Up to 8 weeks prior, full refund less $100 admin fee; Less than 8 weeks and up to 4 weeks prior 50% refund; less than 30 days prior nonrefundable|
|Contact||Becky or Francesca|
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.