Anatomy Trains, TYE4® & The Tensegral Body: Cardinal Lines & Core
- Course Details
Empathy, Empowerment….experience the myofascial lines
Connected Dynamic Anatomy
The map of Anatomy Trains®, as created by Tom Myers, explores distinct myofascial linkages and provides a means to understand holistic human body movement. This one day course explores the concept of the tensegral body through the tool of TYE4®, a harness created by PhysicalMind. TYE4® is a type of wearable reformer (a Pilates apparatus) which creates a closed chain movement system with resistance from the bungee. It will be utilized to experience further connection to the lines, as well as experimenting with restrictions in the lines and where our clients (and our own bodies) may experience ease or tension. The concentration will be on the Cardinal Lines (Superficial Back Line, Superficial Front Line, Lateral Lines) and the concept of “core” (Deep Front Line) from the Anatomy Trains®.
This course is designed for movers, primarily from dance, Pilates and yoga but may be taken by other movement professionals. This is primarily an experimental course and may be taken as a standalone course before or after other Anatomy Trains® courses.
Time will be spent in the following areas:
1) brief lecture/presentation of the concept of “tensegrity” as related to the body, and the cardinal and deep front lines of the Anatomy Trains® map.
2) movement experientials to enhance the understanding of the lines and feel how restrictions in the AT lines may manifest in movement and posture.
• Be able to identify and trace the cardinal to core myofascial meridians along which movement, tension, and postural distortion travel.
• Understand basic properties and connected nature of fascia, define tensegrity as it applies to the body, and understand its relevance in human movement.
• Apply knowledge to construct alternative movement strategies to help unwind and resolve the patterns observed.
Through a supported environment, we will learn through:
• Illustrated lecture
• Experientials with the TYE4
Note: Please purchase Tye4® prior to the start of the course. It can be found here.
|Dates||Nov 11 – 11, 2018|
|Location||New York, NY, USA|
|Venue||TW Studios: Chelsea (Chelsea Studios)|
|Address||151 W. 26th St.|
New York, NY 10001
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
|Cancellation Fee||Prior to 2 months before class: full refund less $100 admin fee|
Up to 6 weeks prior: 50% refund less $100 fee
Cancellation less than 30 days prior: non-refundable
|Contact||For Anatomy Trains:|
For TW Studios:
Get in touch if you have questions about this course.